Need help about a Metal Detector please

kywildcat

May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking about acquiring a Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200. Can anyone tell me if this is a good detector? Any info on it would be appreciated. I already have a Whites coinmaster, and Im just wondering which is better between the two. I like the fact that the 2200 has different tones for different types of metal. The coinmaster doesnt do that. Thanks guys and gals.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should probably not answer this as I have a low opinion about Bounty Hunters reliability. There are other better detectors out there that have tones to help id the target. Most of these can lie to you if you are only like digging high tones that are coins, but they miss coins on edge or ones that might have more than one target under the coil.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The tones are the ONLY thing about the BH that are "better"
That's it.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you were to suggest a price range, you would likely get some good recommendations.

Some love their Bounty Hunters, but the majority end up moving beyond them very quickly.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have had the bounty hunter platinum that is suposed to be the best BH out there ever made. Well it was a good detector, I liked it, but I use whites now and I wouldn't trade a white detector for a BH. Now they aren't even close in their price range, and in it's own price range BH are very good. It is a starters detector that is for sure, you start with a BH and than if you like the hobby you will probably move on to a better detector.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking about acquiring a Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200. Can anyone tell me if this is a good detector? Any info on it would be appreciated. I already have a Whites coinmaster, and Im just wondering which is better between the two. I like the fact that the 2200 has different tones for different types of metal. The coinmaster doesnt do that. Thanks guys and gals.
If you want to find good stuff (gold jewelry, coins, etc.) then it's Tesoro Compadre all the way! You only have one tone so there's less confusion, also it has great discrimination (did I mention it likes small gold?). Remember the different tones are still a guess, so the guys who dig it all usually find the best stuff! The Compadre is only $160 and it has a LIFETIME WARRANTY! Google Compadre and you will see many great finds and reviews. I dont think there is a better detector for the price. Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread