Has any one used a ...

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I have used them but not in the hobby. I think it would be a bit big. They do the same thing.

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering about that too as I just was one on ebay for $9.99

OP
OP
D

DeadEye Ice

Jul 19, 2010
Saw a good deal one one and was curious, its not the pro scan with the big flat coil this looks more like the pro pointer. Tube shaped and smaller than the typical security detector.

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup this one
$(KGrHqF,!l8E-i)77ViMBP6b+FZN0w~~60_57.jpg

OP
OP
D

DeadEye Ice

Jul 19, 2010
Nope that is similar and larger but not the THD the THD is much smaller than that and has a led flashlight in the tip I'll try to find a pic.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I know the PP you are talking about. They aren't so different than the garret Propointer. The led on the tip shouldn't be too good because you usually dig with the tip, or you just stick it in the dirt. I asume that if a led is there than it wont last long.

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, this one $80 on ebay

$(KGrHqV,!hkE8lHZEESJBP7NpK39-Q~~60_12.jpg

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the PP you are talking about. They aren't so different than the garret Propointer. The led on the tip shouldn't be too good because you usually dig with the tip, or you just stick it in the dirt. I asume that if a led is there than it wont last long.

However, you could fill the end with slicone.
I've seen that done with a propointer for water use.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
However, you could fill the end with slicone.
I've seen that done with a propointer for water use.

Yeah you could, but how long will it last??? The sealing with silicone on the Propointer is on the side where the speaker is... that is far up, and no dirt gets to push the silicon away. Anyhow the light is useless for me. I would probably just put some epoxy and eliminate the led.
Now just one thing to consider is that the tactical handheld MD DOESN'T have a speaker, so don't expect the sound that the Propointer makes when getting close to a coin. It will just vibrate. I don't know if this is a good thing or not but I do like to hear the PP when I am looking for something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread