Help picking out a metal detector.

stumpy041486

Jan 27, 2009
Hey

I just recently purchased a piece of property with a old house site on it, and I would like to get a metal detector to see what I can find. Any suggestions on what I should get? I am not looking to spend more than a couple hundred bucks, but I would like a good dependable detector. I don't know much at all about metal detecting so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Terry just a question do you recomend any other metal detector other than tesoros... ?? I mean I don't know if they sponsor you but 9 out of 10 recomendations you give are just about tesoros. I mean they can be good detectors but there are other brands out there. Now if you are sponsored by them, than I understand you point.

Anyhow for a couple hunderd dollars you could find a teknetics delta 4000. It is a good detector. I had one and just traded it because I had no more use for it but I can tell you that it was a good one.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all you're going to do is search that one property, I'd borrow or rent a top of the line all-purpose detector. If you plan on doing it often, as a hobby, get the best one you can afford for the type of detecting you plan on doing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions