Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been trying to find stage coach routes or stops in Illinois. It seems this information is kind of hard to come by. I know there was a stop here in Knoxville but have no idea of the location. I've tried google and no luck. If anyone can be of any help I sure would be very thankful.

I think you will like this.... I have come across this before while in Florida researching a faraway site.
The USGenWeb Archives Digital Map Library - Illinois Maps Index.
RR maps, ect. generally followed old stage routes. But don't be surprised to find it covered by modern highways.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
good web page thanks

OP
OP
bosco

bosco

Mar 23, 2012
knoxville Illinois
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the link to the map site. I was just thinking that I might already have that map. I ordered a couple maps off of a site a few months back but just haven't found the time to sit down and give it a good look over. I am kind of new at using maps to do additional research so please excuse the stupid question I am about to ask. ON the map I can make out the rail line but does that map also show the stage coach routes? If not,can you tell me what it is that I should be looking for.

Thanks again for the link and any further help you may be able to provide me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread