help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
There are some people here that have them and have good things to say. I myself have the Ace 350 which works great.

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep.

It’s a good starter machine. Easy to use and will find you some treasure.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using the 250 for a month now and I recommend tho can't compare it to another machine. I can find coin size targets at 4 inches in the western pa concrete aka clay. Practice, practice, practice. Also, search here for tips.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I too have the ace 250 and I love it. Great machine right out of the box. I say this in about every thread, and this one will be no different...Get on Youtube and watch the machine in action and watch
A LOT of videos.....they really do help and like Jay In NewKen said...PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE....Good luck man....

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more thing to add to help you out.....do yourself a HUGE favor and get the Garrett Pro Pointer as well.......if not....you will be banging your head off the wall. I'll never go detecting with out it

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more thing to add to help you out.....do yourself a HUGE favor and get the Garrett Pro Pointer as well.......if not....you will be banging your head off the wall. I'll never go detecting with out it

X2:thumbsup:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a 250. Very good starter. No need for a pointer. As you learn the ropes, you will find that ( I believe) you will not need the ponter. This is how I "pin point" using a detector. Sweep left and right. "Visualize" the ground where the beep (BONG) occurs. STEP AROUND 90 DEGREES. Don't just sweep , but actually step around the target. Then, again, sweep left and right. You have made an "X" on the ground. The target is at the X. Shorten the sweep, step around, again, if needed, to make the X smaller. You will soon be digging within an INCH of the target..... without a pointer. I have been hunting 40+ years. This TRICK will save you time and digging when you learn how. I WILL admit I use a pointer. A Vibra-probe 570, but only to push it through the dug dirt if my signal disappears from the hole. TTC

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This....... nuff said!

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id try to swing the ace 350 if you can afford the extra cost ...297 on ebay last i looked..the dd coil really makes the machine

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
ace250 very good low end machine. Very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to YouTube and watch videos of various detectors in action before you buy.
One of the turn-offs about the Ace series for some is the bell tone. I would have shot myself in the head if I had to listen to that all day. suicide.gif

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
gleaner1 said:
ace250 very good low end machine. Very good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man it must be good. It seems every other post someone is getting one, has one or is requiring about one.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Go to YouTube and watch videos of various detectors in action before you buy.
One of the turn-offs about the Ace series for some is the bell tone. I would have shot myself in the head if I had to listen to that all day. View attachment 652066
Now me i like the bell tone don't understand why some complain about it......... You get that bell tone and most times it is a coin.........

OP
OP
C

coryide123

Tenderfoot
Jul 6, 2012
lansing mi
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer prospector and in two months an ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks