Wife Lost wedding Ring........Little Help, Please

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my wife was out in the gardens, plants, lawn, etc. and she somehow lost her Gold wedding band. (luckily NOT her good band) It is 14K with some diamonds.

Tried looking through the vegetable plants etc. and came up empty.

Can someone recommend an inexpensive detector that will pick up Gold at or near the surface? I may also use it to hunt for Civil War stuff as we live in an area of many battles.

Used would be fine too. (Ebay,etc)

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you plan to join the metal detecting community, get the best detector you can afford for the type of detecting you plan on doing. As mentioned, just about any detector will find a ring on the surface of the ground but some will do it easier than others. There is a learning curve for any detector to determine what the signal it's making means so you may not have great success right off the bat but if you stick with it, you'll be an expert in no time. If you need to recover the ring right away and haven't had any success on your own, you might google The Ring Finders to see if they have a member in your area that can help you.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the computer go to Lost my stuff.com which I am a member of and they will locate someone in your area to locate the ring for you.Good luck.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
leprechaun said:
On the computer go to Lost my stuff.com which I am a member of and they will locate someone in your area to locate the ring for you.Good luck.

It's .net not com I think I am a member too.

OP
OP
R

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks folks. I went ahead and ordered a Fisher F2 this morning. I will give it a shot on my own at first, and if that fails, I will go to the bullpen and bring in a experienced reliever.:occasion14:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations robert... I had the suspect that this thread wasn't to find someone help you out, it was more like, " I wanted to try MD and now I have a perfect excuse to do it". That is just my feeling.

TN_INDIAN

Jul 4, 2012
WEST TN
Detector(s) used
F2,pinpointer that came with it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wut town? Im n ripley tn its 55 milesnorth of memphis. Im new but been cashing n at the parks and at the schools with my fisher 2. Wld love to help!!! Btw u will love the F2 i find it very user friendly and a pretty smart machine but it is the only detector i have ever had. I have bout 2 weeks esp with it and around 10 hrs running time with it. just dnt give up and at first may dig lots of trash but thats the lesson u will learn. Found my first jewery today at a school playground and 3 r 4 buks n change. Awssome machine! Oh and 1 very important thing if ur f2 didnt come with a pinpointer i highly recommend ordering one. I have the one that come with the f2 as a package deal and truth b told i wld have gave up mding if i didnt have a pinpointer. Gonna get a better pinpointer when this one wears out for sure. But if moneys tight u prolly can find the gold ring with no problem after sum practice. If ur close to me i dnt mind and helping out with finding the ring up 2 u.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wut town? Im n ripley tn its 55 milesnorth of memphis. Im new but been cashing n at the parks and at the schools with my fisher 2. Wld love to help!!!

Just North of Shiloh.

PM inbound..................

OP
OP
R

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations robert... I had the suspect that this thread wasn't to find someone help you out, it was more like, " I wanted to try MD and now I have a perfect excuse to do it". That is just my feeling.

:laughing7: When I first posted I didn't even know gold could be found with a detector. I was always somewhat intrigued by metal detecting, but had no idea that a decent MD was pretty inexpensive. Once I figured out the particulars, it was an easy choice. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread