Wife Lost wedding Ring........Little Help, Please

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So my wife was out in the gardens, plants, lawn, etc. and she somehow lost her Gold wedding band. (luckily NOT her good band) It is 14K with some diamonds.

Tried looking through the vegetable plants etc. and came up empty.

Can someone recommend an inexpensive detector that will pick up Gold at or near the surface? I may also use it to hunt for Civil War stuff as we live in an area of many battles.

Used would be fine too. (Ebay,etc)

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any detector can find a gold ring if you don't disc out pull tabs.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Try going to a web site called. Lostmystuff.net. It's a group of detectorist that will help for free.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try going to a web site called. Lostmystuff.net. It's a group of detectorist that will help for free.

Hey, that's really cool. I submitted a report. Don't know if there is anyone in my area, but it's worth a shot. If not, I am still going to have to find me a detector and learn how to use it.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
robertwhite said:
Hey, that's really cool. I submitted a report. Don't know if there is anyone in my area, but it's worth a shot. If not, I am still going to have to find me a detector and learn how to use it.

I belong to the group. It is a good service

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Garrett ACE 250 is a good machine that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Any detector can find a gold ring if you don't disc out pull tabs.
Sandman's right any detector will find gold........... And if you are also going to hunt Civil War also .............. I would have to say any detector will find Civil war things also...........

OP
OP
R

robertwhite

Jul 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In doing a little reading/research, I have come up with 3 possibilities.

1. Tesoro Silver Umax
2. Garrett Ace 250
3. Fisher F2

I would really appreciate comments both good or bad on these units (or others if warranted)

Again, detector will be used to find the ring (hopefully), search for who knows what around the farm, and search locally for Civil War relics.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I have the feeling that the ring is a good excuse to start the hobby of metal detecting. Anyway from your choices you can't go wrong with any. All of them are good machines. The Tesoro doesn't have a screen but many say it doesn't need one. The F2 would be my personal choice but it is strictly a question of which one you like best. All of them will find your ring, that is for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Bassmaster

Jul 7, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started out last week with the F2 and love it. It is very simple to use. "Turn on and Go."

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

1. Tesoro Silver Umax
2. Garrett Ace 250
3. Fisher F2

I would really appreciate comments both good or bad on these units (or others if warranted)

Again, detector will be used to find the ring (hopefully), search for who knows what around the farm, and search locally for Civil War relics.
All 3 that you have up are good detectors so what ever one you get ............You will not go wrong...............They are all great detectors.....

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minelab 505 is my fav.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All 3 that you have up are good detectors so what ever one you get ............You will not go wrong...............They are all great detectors.....
They are great detectors if you do n't need ground balance for better depth. But since most recent coins are in the top couple inches you may never need GB. Many hunters can't learn how to set GB anyway when it is easy. It boils down to how much fun you want to have.

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey sandman, u knw what u just said alot rite there, heck i may not even b setg mine rite, mine usually starts around 16 (if ur familiar w 505) as i raise n lower, hearing that tone which i never really do adj from n it seems to work quite well. accordingly 2 the book tho if receive a low tone u adj high, if u receive a high tone u go low. perhaps u might explain if u do somethg different? inquiring minds want 2 know... lol

Hendrix

Jan 8, 2007
Southeast Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites V3i
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

1. Tesoro Silver Umax
2. Garrett Ace 250
3. Fisher F2

Any of those detectors will work for you. Off the top of my head, I usually recommend one of the Garrett Ace's as a starter detector.

Also, check around with friends. You most likely already know someone that has a detector and a little experience. That could be very helpful in finding the ring.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kgunn said:
hey sandman, u knw what u just said alot rite there, heck i may not even b setg mine rite, mine usually starts around 16 (if ur familiar w 505) as i raise n lower, hearing that tone which i never really do adj from n it seems to work quite well. accordingly 2 the book tho if receive a low tone u adj high, if u receive a high tone u go low. perhaps u might explain if u do somethg different? inquiring minds want 2 know... lol

If you mean while raising and lowering the coil ( which has to be level to the ground ), the tone raises or lowers, you just adjust GB knob so you only get a level tone. One that seems steady.

HH,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread