CASUAL Gold Prospecting

Kevinito

Greenie
Jul 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All:

Thoughts on the Fisher F2 for CASUAL gold prospecting (although mostly for coin shooting and relic hunting)? How about the Teknetics Alpha 2000? Or Whites Coinmaster?

I know most of you have (at least in my little mind) multi-million dollar metal detectors and I am on a budget of $200 MAXIMUM. I just want something to get me 'in the door' and possibly, with my incredible finds, purchase another more expensive, more serious gold prospecting machine.

Thanks for the input!

-Kevin

Upvote 0

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was looking for a detector for a friend that wanted to start prospecting. To be honest I don't think that any detector in your price range will find small nuggets. Now if you expect to find nuggets big as a nut than any detector will do.
Specific detectors are expensive. The less expensive ones aren't going to be able to do a specific job, most of them are coinshooters, or relic hunting detectors, but gold prospecting is very specific and you will need a very good dedicated detector if you want to find the 1 grain gold nuggets.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
K

Kevinito

Greenie
Jul 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply! I am not really interested in grain size gold anyway - it would take me 300 years to gather anything of significance. Do you recommend any detector which I mentioned above?

-Kevin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions