san diego

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problems last time I was there except for EMI in some areas and black contaminated sand that's not normal black sand but still causes problems.

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks im going to misson beach,got a rental right on beach

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The only beaches, in the entire state of CA, that I've ever heard of any problems on, are a single federal beach, in the SF area. Very few beaches, in the entire state of CA, are federal parks. The vast majority (perhaps all in So. CA?) are city, county, and state run. Most are state beaches, with a smattering of city and county beaches. And the actual "in practice" answer to all those is, that no one cares.

Oddly though, I bet if you were to ask enough questions, far enough up the chains of command in various cities, or counites, or the state, you probably *would* find some verbage, that given enough morphing, could be applied to say "no". Thus no one asks, and good enough is left alone. The in-practice-reality is, all the beaches of So. CA are hunted, with no problems.

Planning a vac to san diego in aug wondering if anyone knows if can hunt on the beaches there. Im taking my detector and looking forward to hunt a beach, coming from new mexico im excited

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problems hunting the beaches that I'm aware of.....been doing it for decades. Depending on which machine you're using, you might not be able to hunt the wet sand or in the surf due to the black sand mineralization. Don't worry if you can't, there are miles of dry sand to hunt along Mission and Pacific Beach. If you hunted them 8 hours a day for a week, you might cover a tenth of it....if you hurry....

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thanks plan to hunt dry sand im using bh 2200 elite i can wait