OP
OP
D

deadeye40

Jul 9, 2012
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All these looks and no help...?! somebody must have some advice....

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try the ace250 or the silver umax both are great starter machines , one has a notch system and one don't but both would treat ya good!! HH aceman

Durham Digger

Jul 5, 2012
Durham, UK
Detector(s) used
Viking 6DX
Primary Interest:
Other
I got the Ace 250 for my 1st machine and after you've played about with it and tweaked the settings to your liking you can switch on and go. When you power off the Ace 250 and turn it back on it stays on the same settings meaning no messing about just pick up and go.
In my experience it's very accurate and the depth is awesome! I found a old 1902 bronze penny about 8"-10" deep in some woods.
Read plenty of reviews on metal detectors before making your decision and find out what suits you best.

Happy hunting for when you get your new metal detector.

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on your budget I would agree on the Ace 250 or even better the Ace 350 but if you have the budget AT Pro or AT Gold.

OP
OP
D

deadeye40

Jul 9, 2012
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! I know garrets been around for a while, but i keep reading about mine lab... Yays or Nays? like to do some comparisons... i feel that field reviews work better than reading them on a website (sales gimmicks and such)

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
deadeye40 said:
Thanks guys! I know garrets been around for a while, but i keep reading about mine lab... Yays or Nays? like to do some comparisons... i feel that field reviews work better than reading them on a website (sales gimmicks and such)

There is a nice minelsb detector for sale on this site. Pictures looked really nice and still has a warranty.

Durham Digger

Jul 5, 2012
Durham, UK
Detector(s) used
Viking 6DX
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you looked through the review section? Also go on YouTube and watch videos of metal detectors in action.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
D

deadeye40

Jul 9, 2012
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the guys aren't interested in suppling info that you can look up yourself. All this stuff you want would cover many pages and we don't have time to bring a newbie up to speed when they aren't interested in looking up the manufactures websites. Check out the field tests here. Metal Detector and Metal Detecting Accessory Field Test Reports | Lost Treasure Online - Official Website of Lost Treasure Magazine

I had figured that, but not all people in this world are too busy to help a noob out. I have looked at manuf. Websites and done some research, how i should have stated was i like to hear it from the guy who uses it, not makes it. As i am an avid bow hunter i know all to well how the "Internet Reviews" are done. We pay you you say good things. But thank you for the link. Ill continue my research on my own. Sorry for bothering you Sir Schliemann...

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on what you wanna spend

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that price range an etrac is good or a fisher f75 I have never used either but I know alot of people that do and they swear by them I use the at pro and absolutely love it its completely waterproof gets great depth and is extremely easy to use

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well My 5 cents. If I was to compare a detector to a bow I would compare the whites detectors to a Hoyt bow. Since you are a noob I would recomend an easyer to work detector like the M6 or MXT. But just remember my comparason in bows, I am an archer myself and I have tried various brands when I came to test hoyt I just stopped and sticked to that brand, as I did with whites.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread