Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dirt Fishin'

Jul 2012
    Northern VA
    Whites V3i, Whites 5900Di Pro, Fisher Cz6a
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Florida Bound

I will be traveling to Boca Raton area this week for a mini vacation and taking my Fisher Cz6a. I was in the same area about 2 months ago and I attempted searching in the surf in about 2 feet of water but I simply could not get the machine to quiet down in the salt water. The Cz does have a "salt" switch to help cancel out the mineralization in the water but that did not seem to make a difference. Is there anyone out there who's had experience using the Cz successfully in the water? Also I noticed that I could not get the machine to ground balance at all in the sand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

us
    Strip Mining Northern California, One Silver Coin at a time...

Nov 2006
    Santa Rosa, California
    Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, CZ20, Fisher 1280X Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. Fisher1280X, Whites Prizim I with Bigfoot coil, Garrett Pro Pointer
    87 times
    Metal Detecting
    I also have a CZ6. You might try to turn down the sensitivity to 3 or lower if needed to stop the chatter.. You might try this before you ground balance the machine. I use a CZ20 for water hunting, never used my CZ6 in the water. Be sure to put a clear plastic bag around the CZ before you take it in the water! If you drop it or get it wet you might be in trouble....
    Hunting San Francisco Bay Area since 1985

us
    Dirt Fishin'

Jul 2012
    Northern VA
    2 times
    Thanks Cool! I'll give that try. I do dneed to get in th habit of wrapping my unit.. That didn't sound right...lol I appreciate the advice. I'll post again if I find anything worthwhile.

Oct 2005
    XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
    107 times
    I've detected Florida but not the area your talking about but my CZ had no problems what so ever. Its a bit worrying that you say you had problems ground balancing on the sand.
    Incorrect ground balance will cause the problems you mention just as much as using to high a sensitivity. Everything working O.K. on land ?

us
    Dirt Fishin'

Jul 2012
    Northern VA
    2 times
    Everything works great on land. I wonder what type of Cz you have because I hear there are other Cz's that handle salt water better. I've heard that the Cz6a does not

Sponsors