Tesoro metal detectors?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't say I don't know how to use my explorer I said I don't know how to use the disc because there is no need. Just so you uderstand they work best with an open screen giving an incredible amount of info not just the same beep over and over and over like the tesoro

Really? "No need" to learn how to use your machine completely? I wonder what else you don't know because there is "no need" to know it?

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gosh, if I could type slower I'm still not really sure you could understand. You wrote: "The problem here is people new to detecting want to hear how simple the Tesoro are and it will find everything all those crazy guys spending so much money do. The problem is that in my opinion is fantasy."

And I replied: "Wow, over a thousand hours on your Minelab and you still don't know how to use it? Yet, you feel comfortable telling us that the fact a Tesoro will find anything - and discriminate as well or better than your Minelabs, and NEW FAVORITE T2, is a "fantasy?" You have some big ones DS, I'll give you that!"

C'mon DS, you can do this! :thumbsup:

So you don't under stand where I say that is just a fantasy. Your fantasty accually. Like I said before I feel sorry for any one that buys your bs.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Actually its ALL just a fantasy. The good news is we can choose whichever fantasy most apeals to us. I have a tesoro and a whites dfx. Like them both.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you don't under stand where I say that is just a fantasy. Your fantasty accually. Like I said before I feel sorry for any one that buys your bs.

Oh alot have bought his BS, and they are still believing it!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro is THE BEST value in the ENTIRE metal detecting industry. :occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a matter of personal opinion from both sides...Terry I believed you said in the past Tesoro sponsored your business so we expect you to say that.

I've owned Tesoro Conquistador, and a Troy, can't say anything bad about them, just wasn't my cup of tea. I know more than a few hunters that got rid of the Sand Shark because it just wasn't that deep and they got tired of digging iron....

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a matter of personal opinion from both sides...Terry your Tesoro dealer we expect you to say that....

Treasure_Hunter, PLEASE stop spreading lies and disinformation! I am not now, nor have I EVER been a Tesoro dealer. I have NEVER been employed by Tesoro in ANY capacity.

I am a Tesoro FAN, USER, and TRUE BELIEVER!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter, PLEASE stop spreading lies and disinformation! I am not now, nor have I EVER been a Tesoro dealer. I have NEVER been employed by Tesoro in ANY capacity.

I am a Tesoro FAN, USER, and TRUE BELIEVER!
Terry go back and reread, I corrected what I said before you posted, I did not mean dealer, but I do believe you have stated in past Tesoro sponsored you in your business.

Just checked and yes I am correct, Tesoro sponsors your business.

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...Just checked and yes I am correct, Tesoro sponsors your business.

No, they do not. Tesoro WAS a sponsor from 2010-2012. They are NOT currently a sponsor - Just a GREAT Arizona Company to do business with, and we are PROUD to be associated with them!

Minelab supplies all of our GPX 5000 pulse induction machines. Anybody want to trash the Minelab, or their GPX 5000?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I was correct Tesoro did sponsor you...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, Tesoro NEVER sponsored ME T_H, nor has Tesoro EVER paid me a Dime.

They DID sponsor Arizona Gold Adventures, a company I founded for two-years.

Even though we NO LONGER have a contract with Tesoro, AGA STILL uses the Lobo Super Traq as its EXCLUSIVE VLF nuggetshooter, because it is as good or better than any other VLF nuggetshooter, and is by far the easiest to use and learn.

To suggest that I am being paid by Tesoro to recommend the brand is an out-and-out lie.

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sponsoring you. Or sponsoring your business. It's the same thing

Attachments

• image-3790112409.jpg
    image-3790112409.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 125

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They DID sponsor Arizona Gold Adventures, a company I founded for two-years, during which time they supplied all of our Lobo Super Traqs.

Even though we NO LONGER have a contract with Tesoro, AGA STILL uses the Lobo Super Traq as its EXCLUSIVE VLF nuggetshooter, because it is as good or better than any other VLF nuggetshooter, and is by far the easiest to use and learn.

To suggest that I am being paid by Tesoro to recommend the brand is an out-and-out lie.

I never said nor did I suggest you were paid by Tesoro Terry, read what I said, I said Tesoro sponsored your "business", I went back and looked again and I was correct Tesoro did sponsor your business....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

They DID sponsor Arizona Gold Adventures, a company I founded for two-years, during which time they supplied all of our Lobo Super Traqs.

..Tesoro give your Co. detectors to use at no cost that is a sponsor .. Tesoro then hoped that the ones that used detectors they gave you .. Would then buy Tesoro detectors … If a detector co. gave me detectors i would talk them up like you talk Tesoro up… Terry you are not fooling any one we know why you push them..

TSCOM

Oct 13, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Whoa I read the whole thread and I'm worn out :sleepy2:

FWIW I don't think Terry's (or his business) previous Tesoro sponsorship makes him biased. If Tesoro sponsored me, I admit would be biased toward their detectors. However, I wouldn't spend two years arguing in a thread that they're the best unless I really believed it.

I feel the same way about Guinness beer. Everything else (not just stout) is inferior. But we won't go there because that's a fact and there's no point disputing a fact :)

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..Tesoro give your Co. detectors to use at no cost that is a sponsor .. Tesoro then hoped that the ones that used detectors they gave you .. Would then buy Tesoro detectors … If a detector co. gave me detectors i would talk them up like you talk Tesoro up… Terry you are not fooling any one we know why you push them..

Yep, sounds pretty simple when you put it like that! I still don't see how the low lobo with fixed auto tracking is as good as a White's GMT, Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro or AT Gold. I just don't see the logic

locater

Aug 13, 2013
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites GMT, BH Platinum w/ Fisher F5, 11" DD coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, sounds pretty simple when you put it like that! I still don't see how the low lobo with fixed auto tracking is as good as a White's GMT, Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro or AT Gold. I just don't see the logic

I am totally open minded when it comes to brands/model detectors. I do have to agree with atomicscott, in regards to the Lobo ST.

I will retire soon and nugget hunting is on my bucket list. I have been researching a good first nugget machine. The major contenders included the LST. The fact that it stays in tracking mode all the time (no manual mode or ability to lock the tracking) was a huge negative in my opinion. If hitting a faint target, the auto track could mask or track it out as bad ground, while working the coil over it.
It's ability to be used as a coin jewelery detector was a bonus, but, once again with a flaw. In the discriminate mode, it has only a factory set, fixed ground balance. When I first started detecting, one of my first requirements in a general use detector was, an adjustable ground balance for changing ground conditions.
That being said, many people who use the LST are happy with them, but, they could be missing some small gold with the constant autotrack.
My final choice came down to the Whites GMT. 48khz, autotrack or manual ground balance, visual ground mineralization readout. Flip the trigger and lock the tracking to analyze the target further for iron content, audio iron grunt option. All those things are very useful to me, the more information the better, which gave it a higher value to me. (by objective comparison)

Last edited:

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Detectors now are mostly great with the technology. It's just luck that you will like what you may get. Getting out and using what you have and understanding the unit is everything. Have to put in the time for whatever you get. So many detectors, so little money.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I could be wrong but i do not think that the Garrett AT's have auto ground tracking …The only Garrett VLF with auto ground tracking is the GTI 2500

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am totally open minded when it comes to brands/model detectors. I do have to agree with atomicscott, in regards to the Lobo ST.

I will retire soon and nugget hunting is on my bucket list. I have been researching a good first nugget machine. The major contenders included the LST. The fact that it stays in tracking mode all the time (no manual mode or ability to lock the tracking) was a huge negative in my opinion. If hitting a faint target, the auto track could mask or track it out as bad ground, while working the coil over it.
It's ability to be used as a coin jewelery detector was a bonus, but, once again with a flaw. In the discriminate mode, it has only a factory set, fixed ground balance. When I first started detecting, one of my first requirements in a general use detector was, an adjustable ground balance for changing ground conditions.
That being said, many people who use the LST are happy with them, but, they could be missing some small gold with the constant autotrack.
My final choice came down to the Whites GMT. 48khz, autotrack or manual ground balance, visual ground mineralization readout. Flip the trigger and lock the tracking to analyze the target further for iron content, audio iron grunt option. All those things are very useful to me, the more information the better, which gave it a higher value to me. (by objective comparison)

My buddy found his first nuggets recently with a GMT & 4x6" sniper coil. The Lobo can, and does track out good targets if you are not careful. That is why Dave Johnson (Fisher, Whites, Tesoro, engineer) does not use tracking on any of his later designs. Customers found they didn't miss it. Gold Bug 2 is a standard go-to machine for many and has NO tracking. As long as you stay on top of checking/adjusting GB every few feet in hot ground, you won't miss anything by not having tracking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread