Bassmaster

Jul 7, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to the beach and am planning to get some headphones for my MD to not disturb people trying to have fun an all. My budget is very tight because of the short notice, so I need something $30 or under. I don't want such low quality that is breaks after a couple of trips but it needs to do the job. Any suggestions? My F2 has a 1/4" jack.

Upvote 0

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For a $30 limit, Wal Mart would be your best bet.

If you can’t find a ¼ inch jack, Radio Shack has a adaptor for a couple of bucks.

What ever you get, make sure they have some kind of volume control on the headphones.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah nothing easy to find for $30. For $40 you can get a depthmaster audiophone 2 that it was given to me in a package deal, not great but decent. And it has volume control

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try yard sales i got mine for 25 cents and it is the micky mouse type with volume controls for each ear and my other pair is from the library of congress, and if the wires break they are large enough to solder or tape together. try e-bay also

OP
OP
Bassmaster

Bassmaster

Jul 7, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks, Ill probably just but a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter for my current headphones. I just didnt know they would work

OP
OP
Bassmaster

Bassmaster

Jul 7, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna buy the koss Ur-29s, they have volume control and come with a 1/4" adapter. Any reviews?

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Koss are good headphones I had some in the past and they were all good.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a hard time justifying to myself that the premium headphones would be worth the investment. After trying a good set of good earbuds in my G2 I was shocked at how poor the sound quality was on my less expensive headphones. The earbuds are simply too loud so I bit the bullet and bought a set of Killer B II's. These things are awsome. I am sure that many of the other competing brands are just as good, but do think that a good set of headphones is worth the investment. The G2 is a wonderful machine in that it has lots of variance in its tones to help you decide if a target is a good one. The phones are not where you want to cut corners even if you have to save and sacrifice a while to get them. Makes a good target sound good and aluminum sound harsh even when deep. I am still digging most questionable targets as the machine is still new to me but really makes it much easier tell the difference and hear the faint deep stuff as well. Happy hunting!:icon_thumleft:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with TNGUNS that quality headphones are worth the expense. However, that said, any headphones that work are by far preferred IMHO over the detector speaker, if only to eliminate or lessen outside noise. After I first used headphones I was amazed at how much more I felt as one with my detector and now never detect without them.
luvsdux

OP
OP
Bassmaster

Bassmaster

Jul 7, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my UR-29s, they are great. The sound quality is very clear and crisp. Faint sounds can be easily heard. Can wear for hours and still be comfortable. I can even use them for my TV and Idevice. Just good all around headphones. I now understand the importance of volume control. Bout blew my hears off my head when I plugged up my earbuds with no volume control, but no problems with the Koss's. Though I bought them specifically for my MD, I would recommend them for any purpose.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread