USED GARRETT AT PRO. please help quickly.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Hello. I have been looking for a relatively inexpensive detector for my step dad. I found one on my local classifieds last night. It is a AT PRO. he says he bought the first of 2011, used less than 6 times... Can anyone tell me about the warrantee on those? He cannot remember? I am also wondering, and I might just be overly paranoid, but Is there anything I need to look out for? I remember reading about chinese counterfeit detectors, look like the real thing? Is there a recall, or a new model or something that I should be aware of....

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

PS im meeting him in 30 min.

Upvote 0

bacusa

Jun 25, 2012
WNC/ETN/SW VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just from reading multiple threads I think the 1st generation AT Pro's had some issues. I am new to detecting, and own Garrett ACE 350, and love it. It is very simple to use, and have found a bunch of coins( pocket change) at everywhere from 1-7 inches.
I will probably upgrade to the AT Pro, this fall, but will only buy from a reputable source(authorized dealer). Read back on the many forums and you'll see earlier issues with AT Pro, but since the update, a very good machine. Good luck.
BC

OP
OP
TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
thank you, I take it you do not know how to tell if its been updated to generation 2? Otherwise u probably would have mentioned that. Thanks for what you did offer, I will call garrett real quick.

Thanks.

Chris.

bacusa

Jun 25, 2012
WNC/ETN/SW VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if the actual unit is "updatable" but I hear their customer service is good. Let me know, cause I'm probably going to get one, just a 2012 model. Wish you the best.
BC

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got an AT Pro last year and havent had any real issues..the one issue i did have was the Arm Cuff Broke...and Garrett Sent me 2 more for free...the Customer is Great there..they take care of you quick

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought mine in the fall of 2011 and have had no issues. I do know their customer service is great because I ruined my ProPointer by submerging it in water and they gave me a "one time only" new one for free.

eastkydigger.92

Jul 19, 2012
I think that they have a 2 year warranty parts and labor. You can go to www.garrett.com and check out what the warranty consist of for sure. This is the machine that I am going to buy I can't wait to get one they really are a great machine!!! Good luck!!!

Eastkydigger.92

Dozerusn

Jul 20, 2012
Camp Hill, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro are great machines. I would go and check it out for damage and functionality. Also I would consider what they are asking for a price. The AT Pros have gone down a little for new ones since Garrett introduced the AT Gold. and the Ace 350. I have owned Garrett's since i've been detecting and they are good quality and the customer service is 100%. They really take care of their customers.
Good Luck!!!!
Dozerusn

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check for visual damage turn it on and make sure it works put a coin down if so then buy it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread