Blisstool or GPX

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a question that maybe you all will have an opinion on. I am kicking around the idea of buying another detector, and I am considering either the Blisstool or a GPX. The areas I hunt are generally moderately mineralized and full of tin-trash, iron, and nails, which I don't mind digging just to get the stuff out of the way. I dig everything! My experiences have always been once you get it out of the way, the other goodies are not to far away. An besides, I enjoy hitting some of the iron targets!

My question is this ... between the Blisstool and the GPX series .. which one do you all think would be most suited for this type of hunting? I have watched one fellow struggle with the GPX in areas such as this, but perhaps he has the settings off a bit. I am looking for something that will hit on the ferrous targets and not be driven crazy and become unstable because of them.

Or perhaps there is another machine that you would recommend?

I appreciate your thoughts,

Upvote 0

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I was tempted by the blisstool myself, and since it is not so expensive I was going to buy it but after a lot of reading I backed off. Why? Well for one it is a single tone machine, but that wasn't the main problem. The problem with it is that apparently it is quite difficult to set up right, I mean it looks easy but the controls interact with each other and so it gets a bit touchy to set it right. The second thing that I didn't like is that the machine is designed to operate in more or less clean areas. It has a huge coil and I have a lot of trash so I needed something to find the good stuff in the middle of the trash. Last thing, I couldn't picture myself digging holes more than 10 in deep, and the bliss tool will make a good big target sound just fine at 20in so unless I had a young slave to dig my holes I would just get frustrated.
So I decided that I would buy a detector with a good analysis and I got the v3i.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I was tempted by the blisstool myself, and since it is not so expensive I was going to buy it but after a lot of reading I backed off. Why? Well for one it is a single tone machine, but that wasn't the main problem. The problem with it is that apparently it is quite difficult to set up right, I mean it looks easy but the controls interact with each other and so it gets a bit touchy to set it right. The second thing that I didn't like is that the machine is designed to operate in more or less clean areas. It has a huge coil and I have a lot of trash so I needed something to find the good stuff in the middle of the trash. Last thing, I couldn't picture myself digging holes more than 10 in deep, and the bliss tool will make a good big target sound just fine at 20in so unless I had a young slave to dig my holes I would just get frustrated.
So I decided that I would buy a detector with a good analysis and I got the v3i.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Nice critique .. Thanks!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a question that maybe you all will have an opinion on. I am kicking around the idea of buying another detector, and I am considering either the Blisstool or a GPX. The areas I hunt are generally moderately mineralized and full of tin-trash, iron, and nails, which I don't mind digging just to get the stuff out of the way. I dig everything! My experiences have always been once you get it out of the way, the other goodies are not to far away. An besides, I enjoy hitting some of the iron targets!

My question is this ... between the Blisstool and the GPX series .. which one do you all think would be most suited for this type of hunting? I have watched one fellow struggle with the GPX in areas such as this, but perhaps he has the settings off a bit. I am looking for something that will hit on the ferrous targets and not be driven crazy and become unstable because of them.

Or perhaps there is another machine that you would recommend?

I appreciate your thoughts,

What is it you are looking for with this next machine? Are you looking to start gold nugget shooting? I will be seeing and trying the Blisstool later this week for the first time, but I run the GPX 5000 looking for gold nuggets in some pretty nasty ground in Arizona. You need 200-300-hours on the machine and professional instruction to KNOW what you're doing. We'll see how the Blisstool works in a farm field first here in New York, and if I like what I see, maybe I'll try it in the goldfields and see what's up.

OP
OP
creskol

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
What is it you are looking for with this next machine? Are you looking to start gold nugget shooting? I will be seeing and trying the Blisstool later this week for the first time, but I run the GPX 5000 looking for gold nuggets in some pretty nasty ground in Arizona. You need 200-300-hours on the machine and professional instruction to KNOW what you're doing. We'll see how the Blisstool works in a farm field first here in New York, and if I like what I see, maybe I'll try it in the goldfields and see what's up.

Thanks Terry.. No .. not looking for gold t all.. I am looking for a clean-up machine on a site that will find the stuff that is deeper than my Sovereign will go. Through many test pits, I know the stuff is down there, but I know there is lots of iron to pick through. I understand the GPX goes deep, but I also understand that it has limited discrimination.
I will be looking forward to your assessment of the Blisstool.

On a side note .. do you know anything about 2-box machines?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Terry.. No .. not looking for gold t all.. I am looking for a clean-up machine on a site that will find the stuff that is deeper than my Sovereign will go. Through many test pits, I know the stuff is down there, but I know there is lots of iron to pick through. I understand the GPX goes deep, but I also understand that it has limited discrimination.
I will be looking forward to your assessment of the Blisstool.

On a side note .. do you know anything about 2-box machines?

Sorry, I have no knowledge of two-box machines. Any PI detector will give you better depth than the Sov. You don't have to buy a GPX. Heck, I use my Tesoro Sand Shark in Farm fields all the time and hit buttons at 17" with it! I'll let you know on the Blisstool.

Ghost Hunter

Jun 20, 2012
Keystone Heights, Florida
Detector(s) used
Blisstool V3, Whites V3i, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi creskol
I have the Blisstool and I love it. It's a deep machine with the 11" coil. I buried a gold ring at 17" in my yard and hit it easy. My V3i couldn't find it with the 10"dd. I haven't had any problems as far as set up. It descriminates very good. Take your time, read the forums. Like any machine you have to learn what it's telling you. The more I use it the more I love it.
Brian

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The 2 Box is for hunting large targets down to 6'+. It won't find single coins, but it will find a .50 cal ammo box in a wall 6' away. Yes, it reaches out in all directions. In the ground, it only goes straight down, but you can walk beside a stone wall and it will hit the target 6'away in any direction from it. It is a cache hunting tool or a relic hunting tool, but only for large relics like cannon balls, muskets, cannons etc. I have hit a couple of plow shares with it down deep. The second image is a break shoe to a narrow guage RR.

plow 700.jpg IMG_8899_0253.jpg hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread