Fisher 1266X Useage Tips

Old Reliable

Jul 15, 2012
I think you can get on Fishers website and download a copy of the manual for your 1266, give it a try. Good luck hunting :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think you can get on Fishers website and download a copy of the manual for your 1266, give it a try. Good luck hunting :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
O R has it right. If you move your mouse to the bottom of their guide, you will get the chance to download the guide to your PC. TTC

OP
OP
JohnnyRebCSA

JohnnyRebCSA

Oct 6, 2010
Tennessee, CSA
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266X
Thanks, guys, I will do that. It would be good to hear from users that have picked up useful info just from their field experience, too.

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Field experience:

I use my 1266's for relics, period.
It has a dual disc with a toggle (that 'trigger' thing sticking out from under the chassis). Depending on soil conditions, I run mine 0 (Disc 1) and 3 (Disc 2), although show me a relic hunter who's passing signals because of disc, I'll show you an inexperienced relic hunter. You should be digging it all. Disc-3 will cut a deep belt plate, minieball or dagger right out of existence. Relics, especially battlefield stuff, means there's a real potential for finding stuff in that 12"-16" deep range, even deeper.
A lot of your 'coin shooters' started out as relic hunters but gave up and started chasing pocket change after their tenth 16" hole that yeilded a tractor bolt.

Also, these can be chattery, which drives some people nuts. You'll learn what constitutes a signal versus chatter.

Last edited:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not a relic hunter, per se, but I am digging OLD foundations right now. Square nails, calf weaning collar, etc. ALL are iron.... meaning you will miss some of the MARKERS for a site if you disc out iron. Experienced relic hunters can BUILD the homestead all over again simply by digging everything. Go for it! TTC

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you type Fisher 1266 tips into your search engine it should come up with the 1266-X Fisher Detector Tips Page lots of good information that you probably already know but it will jog your memory.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread