Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jul 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

First day out!

Just got my Metal Detector in the mail. I set off into my yard. Well just trying some things out. I found a Dime(1995) and a Nickel, either one isn't old at all. Ran rest of the yard found some old iron, some pull tabs, and more junk. Just thought I would share my first experience! The ground is killer on your knees!

us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    791 times
    You gotta get some knee pads.

Feb 2007
    Bradenton, Fl
    ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac
    568 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I never hunt without knee pads. You did better than me on your first hunt! congrats!
    Debby

Jul 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Thanks! Can't wait till I find my first sliver!

Charter Member
    cr
    Detecting fever comes and goes.

Jun 2012
    San Jose
    Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
    142 times
    Metal Detecting and Ham Radio
    I bought some knee pads too but truth is that after you get down 50 times in a row than they start getting uncomfortable and I am now better of without them. I just knee down on my right knee. Anyhow congratulations on your new hobby keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Jul 2012
    2 times
    I used knee pads for a while and didn't like them. I now use a towel fold it up and kneel down.

Jul 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    177 times
    I do recall seeing some house restoration workers with knee pads that looked like body armor. Didn't appear very comfortable. There was one guy who only had on trousers with a heavy sewn in knee patch. At least that would eliminate the strap behind the knees problem. Would it be difficult to have a set of Carharts rigged with sewn in thick material at the knees? Maybe a dense-cell foam between layers?

Sponsors