jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went hunting today at a old school found a old button and clad coins and the same trash. Got question I got a good reading it was reading 1.00 at 8 ins deep so started digging it up I got to approx 16ins deep and detector still reading 1.00 at. 2in so dug some more I was at. 15 ins and last reading was 2 to 1 in deep so dug little more still nothing. I give. Up at 18 in

Upvote 0

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
What detector are you using? Also very large metal objects can cause this reading error. You should try rising the coil from the ground say 3 in, if it still reads the same than its a big object.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im using bh elite 2200 i dug searval in deep when detector was reading 1to2 in. I covered the hole and checked again, and got good reading again at 6 in deep. Got frustrated and left

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It's most likely a big iron object. I had the same problem more then once when I started, and I dug untill I found it. First time was a iron perling 2x4 and about 5 inches long. Second time it was a coper pipe. Now I check the signal first, if it's very strong and I dig to the indicated depth and find nothing, I check again raising the coil and if the reading is 6in... and I raise the coil say 4 in off the ground it should say 10 in. if it says 7in like many times it has, than it's big and not worth digging unless you are looking for relics, than you might want to dig it out.

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the help i still wondering about almost want go back. Maybe u can help me i havent found any wheatys or silver coins is it me or my detector i am saving for a garett ace 250 ,i have found everything else but old coins. I have found a little silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread