Bounty Hunter 3300, Titan 3000

D

dig2china

A friend of mine just bought the new 3300 Bounty Hunter. It's the same as the Titan 3000. Any one out there have one yet? I'd like to know how they preform. My friend got his at Radio Shack for about $250.00, they list at $300 normally. It looks like a lot of bang for the buck. It even has a depth guage to 10" and 3 distinct tones plus pinpointing. Features U would normally have on a $600 machine. Dig2china

Upvote 0
I

imograss

I have the Titan 3000XD. I got it back in Oct. I carried it to the beach on vacation and found lots of clad, in and out of the surf. The wet sand did not affect the detector whatsoever. I also found my first silver coins with it, down around 6". It is extremely light, is very accurate and easy to pinpoint with. I also have a DFX, but I bring the Titan as an extra for newbies.

OP
OP
D

dig2china

How does it compare to the DFX? Dig2china

B

BIG BAD JOHN

Dig2China: I have the Discovery 3300 and find it to be an excellent choice for the technically-minded newbie, or someone who wants a mid-price-point machine that they won't outgrow for a couple of years. I purchased the 4" and 10" Bounty Hunter (BH) auxillary coils and they really helped to increase my envelope of hunting scenarios. In short, the 3300 is a good little rig. I have found it to be stable in my moderate soil here in central MS, the TID, VDI, and Depth Indicator are pretty accurate on my rig down to about 6 or 8 inches. Is it a DFX, Explorerer II, or Shadow X5? Nope. But it is a surprisingly good little detector at a price that won't break the bank. With the 10" coil in the 'PinPoint' mode, it's ridiculously deep. I bought the detector, auxillary coils, 2 extra lower rods, coil covers, digger & probe & sand scoop, headphones, and carry bag all for under $500. I know that Monte V has a review of the Titan 3000XD on the kellyco site and here's a link to something far less fanciful that I wrote:

http://www.metaldetectorreviews.net/detectors/info129.html

You may want to ask questions on this BH manufactured unit over at the BH forum at www.detecting.com. Just click on the 'Bulletin Board' tab, set up your sign in account and ask away. Hope this helps. BBJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread