cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it may seem obvious but you need to hunt where precious metals are located. If it's modern jewelry you're after, the beach, swimming hole, pool areas are the best. If you want older coins, you'll need to do some research to see which parks, schools, fairgrounds, houses, etc. are old enough and available to detect.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Your detector is just as good as your hunting area. You can have the best detector in the world that it won't find any jewels if there aren't any. Now please consider that jewels aren't all that easy to find as it may seem. You can look over the beach and water detecting section here and think that you should have found rings since it seems that they apear like stars in the sky. Well it's not like that. Sometimes detectorists spend years before they find one sigle ring that's worth something. Sometimes they never find it. Point is that most of the great finds you see in the internet are done by people that know where to hunt, and do it maybe 6 days a week for 6 hours a day, basically it's like a job, and if you do it with such a constance you will find some goodies every now and then.
So my point is, don't get dissapointed if you don't find good stuff... you will, just keep at it and do your homework on where you would most likely find older coins or jewels. Also consider finding a MD club or pal near you, since maybe all the spots you "think" might be good, will be in the same line of thought of many detectorists so most likely some other guy searched the area before you.

I fortunately don't have much competition where I live (if any at all) so I can detect pretty much everywere I want and not be worried if there might be some other MD that cleaned a park before me.

OP
OP
D

Dirt-Diggler

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for the info. I do watch the you tube videos almost everyday. I have found a few cool things you can see at hiddenmetal.blogspot.com. I can post more to it later. Again thanks for the info and I will keep on swinging!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U can fin old stuff with ur BH, my buddy I MD with found his oldest dime with a BH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions