Minelab e-Trac or whites dfx 300

dmaki1988

Apr 3, 2012
Gladstone MI
Detector(s) used
Whites VX3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, i haven't been out much lately. just had a little girl about two weeks ago and I've been out once prolly in the last 3 weeks. been using the delta 4000 and i found a 1934 merc and a 1900 barber dime. those were my last two good finds. anyway Im going to try and get a few good hunts in here and there but I'm definitely upgrading at the beginning of next year. thinking about getting the E-trac but i noticed the whites dfx 300 has a deep silver setting on it. not really sure which one would be the best for silver coins. the area i live in, most of the parks and such are hunted out so i need a machine that can go pretty deep and accurate at the same time. please let me know what you think, i don't want to make the wrong choice. good luck hunting everyone!!!!

Upvote 0

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you are talking about silver the majority of people and users will say the E-trac. I would also recommend the E-trac. However with the two machines you mentioned neither one would be a wrong choice.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the e-track should compare more to the v series whites. Now I have read that the etrack can find deeper silver but it only depends on the type of soil you have. This is what I have read, personally I have whites because I like them more, they have a much better CS and if you have a problem it won't take 2 months for service. This alone is a mayor selling point for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well the e-track should compare more to the v series whites. Now I have read that the etrack can find deeper silver but it only depends on the type of soil you have. This is what I have read, personally I have whites because I like them more, they have a much better CS and if you have a problem it won't take 2 months for service. This alone is a mayor selling point for me.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
...norbyx..... Is right Minelabs service is the worst it's not good..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread