Aug 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm totally new to the whole 'Treasure Hunting' world. I want to find a good metal detector, preferably one that is small and waterproof. Unfortunately, I don't have a great deal of money laying around to spend on any of the really nice ones I see online. Can anyone recommend something relatively inexpensive (yet still good quality) for me? I live on a sailboat, so I don't have much room to spare to store one, but I would love to begin hunting, especially shallow water (10-25ft). I want to go ahead and thank you in advance for your help!

Upvote 0

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
There is not one single cheap detector that is waterproof for 25ft. Tesoro makes the sand shark that if not mistaken it's one of the cheapest you could get for what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm totally new to the whole 'Treasure Hunting' world. I want to find a good metal detector, preferably one that is small and waterproof. Unfortunately, I don't have a great deal of money laying around to spend on any of the really nice ones I see online. Can anyone recommend something relatively inexpensive (yet still good quality) for me? I live on a sailboat, so I don't have much room to spare to store one, but I would love to begin hunting, especially shallow water (10-25ft). I want to go ahead and thank you in advance for your help!
In the water, size doesn't matter much (ok, I know I'll get some comments on that!) If you're in a relatively trash free hunting area, a pulse induction unit might work good for you if price is a factor. They're generally a lot cheaper than the ones with discrimination which are a blessing in trashy or nail ridden areas. The best bang for your buck will be in a used machine. You can get a used Excalibur for under $800 and some of the other PI units for half that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions