Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Terry Soloman

Thread: garrett AT gold vs fisher gold bug 2 ????

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2012
    Prospecting

garrett AT gold vs fisher gold bug 2 ????

i want to buy a good metal detector for gold prospecting. which one of these 2 will detect smaller nuggets??which detector has higher depth for gold nuggets the at gold is waterproof which is a small advantage. tell me which one is better and will find me more gold. especially small nuggets. thank you,

us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3169 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by robbenmessi1010 View Post
    i want to buy a good metal detector for gold prospecting. which one of these 2 will detect smaller nuggets??which detector has higher depth for gold nuggets the at gold is waterproof which is a small advantage. tell me which one is better and will find me more gold. especially small nuggets. thank you,
    There is no comparing these two machines. The Goldbug II is the machine you want. The AT Gold is not a small nugget machine, and not in the same class as the Goldbug, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, or Whites GMT. Good Luck!
    Sandman likes this.
    Please visit my Website http://TerrySoloman.com

Charter Member
    us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    343 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by robbenmessi1010 View Post
    Rob the gold bug 2 is much more sensitive to gold due to super high frequency. However the gb2 will not do good on coins at all if you ever decide to hunt them.

Please holler with questions!

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    1951 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Terry is right on a dictated gold nugget detector like the Lobo Super traq, Gold Bug II or White's GMT etc. These detectors have proven themselves as true nugget finders.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Jan 2012
    1 times
    Prospecting
    Yes the guys are right about the gold bug will find smaller nuggets generally.however that doesn't automatically make it a better prospecting machine.(just saying).and without a doubt the AT gold would destroy the gold bug for other types of treasure hunting.

us
    Aug 2012
    Kingsland, TX
    Excalibur II Excalibur 800 Minelab SD2200 Minelab E-Trac Garrett AT Gold
    34 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The GB2 is a great small nugget machine, but its high freq. can drive you nuts if you have a lot of hot rocks. I was a Fisher dealer for a while and I like and use their detectors. I also own and us the AT-Gold. The ATG, while not as sensitive to really small fly speck gold, will find small stuff and it runs a little more stable than the GB2. I find bird shot all the time with the ATG. I think the new Gold Bug might be a good one to try.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors