Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was wondering if anyone could help me out with this topo symbol. Not sure what it means and was hoping some pros here could throw me a bone.
It is a map from the 30's and the same symbol appears 3 times on a large map in different spots

Attachments

• BM X 641.jpg
    BM X 641.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
usaftrevor87 said:
Was wondering if anyone could help me out with this topo symbol. Not sure what it means and was hoping some pros here could throw me a bone.
It is a map from the 30's and the same symbol appears 3 times on a large map in different spots

That black square indicates a house if that's what your asking.

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh sorry; I should've specified. I meant the BM X 641

OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nevermind; its a Benchmark for elevation. Thanks Though

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "BM x 641" means there is a "bench mark tablet" there. That particular tablet is 641 feet above sea level. The best representation of a bm tablet I have ever seen is the one in the "Long Term Visitor Area" south of I 10 near Quartzsite, AZ, on US 95 If you go south into the camping area and watch to the left, you will see a small cement "monument" leaning over and on it you will see a bronze circle showing data on it. I have a pic and hope I can find it for you. The BM's are part of the survey system that occurred many years ago... and, indeed, continue today. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread