Brian NH

Aug 20, 2012
Rochester NH
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro withh 11" DD Coil
Deteknix Xpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking for MDer... Whites Prizm 5G 6T, Minelab 505.Fisher F5. Garret AT Pro.
Witch one has more bang for the buck?
Leaning towards the Minelab 505. AT Pro looks good ass well. Everything mentions the DD coil. Not sure what that is. Is it better than other Coils?
Anyone who has anyone of these offer up suggestion on what to look for. How easy to operate out of the box. I understand there would be a learning curve for anyone of these.
Is auto ground balancing better than manual? Do they work on any surface.
Advise please.
Thanks Brian

Upvote 0

bacusa

Jun 25, 2012
WNC/ETN/SW VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian,
I'm no expert, but have a basic understanding of what the DD coil is. The design of the DD is two back to back letter "D's".
It is the search coil of choice for heavily mineralized soil, and trashy area's ( junk you don't want to dig). Mineralized soil affects all detectors, so I would choose a unit that can be ground balanced ( tweaking out the unwanted signals from soil, power lines, etc.)
Regular coils are concentric (circular) and detect downwards into..... A circular pattern. The DD coil detects more in a blade patterns under the spine of the back to back "D's", which is better for target separation.
I have an AT Pro, and am somewhat new myself. It is very easy to learn, and a solid, all around machine. It can read downwards of 10", and I have retrieved targets down to a foot. Hope this info helps.
Good luck, and Happy Hunting.
BC.

bacusa

Jun 25, 2012
WNC/ETN/SW VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian NH said:
Looking for MDer... Whites Prizm 5G 6T, Minelab 505.Fisher F5. Garret AT Pro.
Witch one has more bang for the buck?
Leaning towards the Minelab 505. AT Pro looks good ass well. Everything mentions the DD coil. Not sure what that is. Is it better than other Coils?
Anyone who has anyone of these offer up suggestion on what to look for. How easy to operate out of the box. I understand there would be a learning curve for anyone of these.
Is auto ground balancing better than manual? Do they work on any surface.
Advise please.
Thanks Brian

Almost forgot about the ground balancing. Auto is the quick way your machine reads the soil/area, and manual is you tweaking that area up or down to further enhance your device's ability to detect. The AT pro has both.
BC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions