IDX PRO.... Is it what i want for the beach?

O

Orien

Hello all,

i have been lurking for the last few weeks and i really enjoy this forum. I am about ready to buy my first detector and i was wondering about whether or not the whites idx pro would be a good machine to use on the oregon coast. I live right on the beach so i will primarly be hunting the shore and maybe in the very shallows of some local lakes.
any advice would be greatly appriciated.

thank you,
chris

Attachments

• heart locket front1.jpg
    heart locket front1.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0016.jpg
    IMG_0016.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    743.4 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    896.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    705.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    813.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    671.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    915.4 KB · Views: 30
Upvote 0

Cliff

Tenderfoot
Mar 21, 2003
Oregon
Chris,

The IDX Pro is an excellent detector but, like most vlf's, will false in the wet sandy area of a salt water beach (as well as in the water).

The IDX will do fine in the dry sand, as well as on the wet/dry fresh water beaches.

I live w/i an hours drive of Lincoln City, and visit often, as well as Pacific City. We will be headed to Seaside this coming weekend.

HH,

Cliff

OP
OP
O

Orien

Is there a vlf detector that works better for the wet shore line than the others? But also preforms well in a park or playground.

Cliff when i do get my new detector we should hook up and do some hunting together

chris

Chris, my hunting partner used a IDX for a few years. It's a good beginner machine but you will out grow it within a year or two. We hunted side by side alot and I would often get good deep signals with my 1266x (same price) and the IDX (with 10.5 inch coil) wouldn't even get a whisper.
At beaches it misses thin gold(sensitivity is a must).
Maybe some other detectorists on this forum can recommend another machine?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions