My Diving Instructor has a MD?

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
So i went to take my Scuba Diving course (Open water diving license to 60ft) - and i saw a MD and i believe its my Instructor's because everything else in the room is his... i have no clue how to MD or even how to work the machine - i just thought it was cool and i always wanted to try it. The next time i go there - ill go early and find out what brand he has. What do i say to him - i don't want it to be awkward... do i say anything at all?

Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with saying, hey you have a MD, I'm interested in them, what kind do you have? I'm sure he'd be happy to share information. I think there are lots of divers who are also detectorists since there is good stuff to be found in the deep where non divers can't go.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes, let him know your interested in md cause this will open the door of opportunity to talk. Once he knows your into md, he may share some valuable info on diving with md gear while instructing on scuba diving. I am going to get scuba cert this winter. Do you know if i get the basic scuba cert, is that enough to go diving with md? Or do I have to get wreck diving cert just to go diving with metal detector?
Cheers,
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread