Hello all!!

Isitreal

Aug 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where do I begin. For as long as I can remember I have always been extremely interested in metal detecting and just treasure hunting in general. I have decided that I'm going to invest in a wonderful detector and worship and learn it from front to back. I know that there are entry, mid level, and professional level detectors. I guess what I started this thread for was to introduce myself to you guys and say how thrilled I am to be part of this community, but I would love some input on what detectors I should look into from you seasoned pros. Should I start with a entry level detector? Im a quick learner and don't want to just get a beginner detector when I could have spent a bit more and got a mid level high quality detector. I don't want to miss big finds just because I have he beginner detector. So I would love some insight into which brands, models, and skill level I should look into. Also I see there are diff coil types and so on and so forth. So detailed specs would be amazing. Thank you for reading my long and drawn out post! I have enjoyed looking though all of y'alls wonderful finds! Happy hunting

Upvote 0

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on what you were planning to spend. The AT Pro is a nice detector to grow with. You can use it in standard mode which is basically a hyper ACE machine, then as you get more comfortable start using and experimenting with the pro mode. I would do your research first to make sure it sounds like the machine you would want however. If you go with one of the major brand beginner machines you should be able to get about 65% back when you are ready to upgrade, and then choose a machine based on your new experience. Like I said you can grow with the AT Pro but they aren't for everyone.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
A easy to learn detector that will never grow short on you is the whites mxt. If you want a hi performance detector that is easier to work with than a beginners one than that is the one for you.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread