gold readings

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
jimzz977 said:
I was checking my detector with a gold chain and the reading was iron i discr iron and didnt get a reading wondering if i missing any gold findings

Sounds like you need to work on using your settings to me.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A gold "chain" (bracelet, necklace) is a bad type of piece to use. Use a SOLID piece for measuring. Even a small piece is better than a large amount of chain. A good solid nugget is the best to use, even above a ring. TTC

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Terry is right: A gold chain is a difficult target for ANY detector (assuming your talking about a fine/thin gold chain, with teensy links). Sure a bigger "Mr. T" gold chain isn't a problem, but the tinsel thin ones are. The machine tries to see each individual link (since they're not connected as a single piece of gold). The same exact amount of weight of gold in a ring or something, would give a much better response.

There are some fine chains that are so hard for standard coin/relic machines to hear, that you need a pulse or nugget machine to find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread