woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
That's an excellent price for a TK4, they usually run a bit over $100. As you say, it's not a $200 machine, but it's an excellent beginner machine, and its analog response characteristics are similar enough to those of most high end machines (including digital ones that simulate analog operation in software) that the things you learn on a TK4 are a good foundation if you decide to spend a lot more on a machine sometime in the future. You'll find that a lot of people who got real serious about the hobby and have a whole slew of machines got started with a TK4 and they still have it as a backup and loaner.

--Dave J.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I wouldn't be caught dead holding a Bounty Hunter in my hands now with the friends I have. I started on BH's and also sold them. They are excellent start up detectors for the price.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh-oh, I think I hear sirens!!! At that price, you really stole it! Congrats and enjoy the new toy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread