Ace 250 with 5x8" proformance DD coil

Eurobo

Greenie
May 30, 2012
So after exhausting my backyard with my stock coil on my ace 250 I decided to spend my birthday loot on a 5x8"Proformance DD coil in the hopes of finding those coins the stock coil could not reach.

After spending only a few hours with it, I find myself wondering if I have exhausted all the goods from my backyard or if there is some DD coil technique that offers better results than the technique I am accustom to.

My main issue is that i get a good signal indicating a target facing one direction and lose the signal standing 45 degrees in another direction. I have even dug for both scenarios ( where I have a positive target indicator in one direction and not the other and when I have positive target indicators in a variety of directions) and have found nothing fruitful.

I tested the coil by dropping some coins down on the ground for assurance that it is working properly and it is.

Is it possible that my standard coil found all the fruitful goods that my upgraded DD coil has the potential to find?

Upvote 0

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep! All properties don't necessarily have deep targets. I have found some of my oldest coins on the surface or just barely under. Some soil conditions just don't allow coins and other goodies to sink very fast or at all. But now that you've got the DD coil I suggest use it and use it often especially in trashy areas. It will really help you pick out the good targets apart from the trash whereas the stock concentric coil may be blind to the good targets do to adjacent trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions