All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I'm a small, 70-year old grandma. Was detecting in serene location behind library, sun shining, lovely tall old stone wall on one side of dirt path, grassy strip with orange and yellow wildflowers on the other side, then a slope to a shady creek ravine. Birds singing, sun shining, strolling passersby smiling when they saw me detecting in the sparse grass right next to the path. I was in happy dream state, having dug up my first partial pocket watch and several coins. Suddenly a stout middle-aged man stormed down the path and screamed at me, "What the h*** are you doing?!" I just stared at his flaming red face and then chose to say nothing. Getting no response, he left. Not only did it startle me and raise my blood pressure, it made me mad. After a while, I realized that the guy must be stuck in his miserable inner life! Nobody else has ever yelled at me! HH to all. Andi

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was detecting at a very populated beach. A little boy (about 4 or so) came up and asked what I was doing. Told him I was hunting for bottle caps (that's all I was finding that day). He said okay and left. About 10 minutes later, he comes up to me, pulls on my shirt to get my attention and very shyly opens his hand and said, "I found some for you"...plastic bottle caps. Priceless! (I gave him 25 cents for his help). :happysmiley:

HH,
Anita

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
AC1955 said:
Was detecting at a very populated beach. A little boy (about 4 or so) came up and asked what I was doing. Told him I was hunting for bottle caps (that's all I was finding that day). He said okay and left. About 10 minutes later, he comes up to me, pulls on my shirt to get my attention and very shyly opens his hand and said, "I found some for you"...plastic bottle caps. Priceless! (I gave him 25 cents for his help). :happysmiley:

HH,
Anita

That is the funniest md story I have read :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AC1955 said:

HH,
Anita

What a great story ! I can picture the little boy standing there . Gotta wipe my eyes now laughed till I cried .

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I made the mistake and told a little boy i was looking for rocks, well he came back and showed me a handful he had found.

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh thats a cool Gieger Counter. You can come through my yard with it if you want.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
My favorite thing to say when some asks what I'm doing is "Minding my own business why don't you try it".

jim/wpb

Apr 2, 2008
West Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, F75SE, Excalibur, Whites Dual Field, Aqua Sound
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Been asked many times what I was doing. My favorite reply is, "I lost my mind, but I'm sure I'll find it."

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Told some noise old guy that was watching me for an hour when he asked what I was doing I replied trying to ignore u couldn't u tell

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wading along in knee deep water and a guy asked me wasnt I going to get eletrocuted...I was walking across the beach to get to the water and a guy sitting with three girls said theres a quarter right over there. I said you need to go pick it up and buy yourself something to eat because your looking kinda skinny. He just sat there as I kept walking and never said another word...a woman asked what I was finding and I told her pulltabs and pennies. She said your finding panties? I said no pennies, pennies...we both started laughing like crazy.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Night time, old school. Some traffic going to and fro. Big SUV with some big girls in it stop for red light, I know they are lookin at me. Headphones on, I am ignoring them, my back toward them. One says Hey! I can hear her, but I ignore. She yells Hey You!. I can hear them giggling and laughing they sounded smashed. I ignore, keep tecting. HEY YOU, WITH THE METAL DETECTOR!!!. That was it, I took the phones off, turned around and saw the blonde beasty, and said WHAT! She hollers "YOU WANNA F@#&?" Well they all just burst out laughing, all guffawing in hysterics,which I found hysterical myself so I burst out laughing too, it amused me how they thought they were so funny and clever, but they were just rude trash. Then I gave them the finger and yelled "Go **** YOURSELF!!!!". That pretty much stopped the laughing. For them. I was laughing out loud. The light turned green and I was rolling on the grass laughing my arse off as they gassed it outa there. That was the night I found the McCormick token, a night I will not soon forget.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at a coin site near a small village in S. Korea. I was moving some rocks, and had dug a few coins. An old Korean grandma came up the trail, looked at
what I was doing, and thanked me for cleaning up the area.
Another time, I was hiking.....had not found a site yet, but had stopped and was resting. Saw several Korean folks hunting mushrooms and wild ginseng.....
then the man saw me. He stopped.....said something in Korean which I didn't hear, and the 2 females ducked behind some trees. He then came on down
the trail, asked me what I was doing, and I told him. Then I went into my pack and got out a Pepsi...offered it to him. He saw I was harmless and called to the 2 females he had warned. They came on down, and we sat and drank a Pepsi together.....and he showed me a nice mess of wild ginseng that he had in
his "finds" bag. (A foreignor is the last person the hikers are expecting to see way up in the mts.

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
Night time, old school. Some traffic going to and fro. Big SUV with some big girls in it stop for red light, I know they are lookin at me. Headphones on, I am ignoring them, my back toward them. One says Hey! I can hear her, but I ignore. She yells Hey You!. I can hear them giggling and laughing they sounded smashed. I ignore, keep tecting. HEY YOU, WITH THE METAL DETECTOR!!!. That was it, I took the phones off, turned around and saw the blonde beasty, and said WHAT! She hollers "YOU WANNA F@#&?" Well they all just burst out laughing, all guffawing in hysterics,which I found hysterical myself so I burst out laughing too, it amused me how they thought they were so funny and clever, but they were just rude trash. Then I gave them the finger and yelled "Go **** YOURSELF!!!!". That pretty much stopped the laughing. For them. I was laughing out loud. The light turned green and I was rolling on the grass laughing my arse off as they gassed it outa there. That was the night I found the McCormick token, a night I will not soon forget.

Lmfao!!!! You passed that offer gleaner??? C'mon...tell us the truth...how did the night really end??? LMAOOO

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
My favorite one is one I get pretty often. Its the one where the cop hollers "what are you doing?" and I'm like isn't it obvious? I've been trying my best to come up with a good here's your sign joke to say to them when they ask this but haven't been able to come up with anything as of yet that wouldn't get me a ride down town. Any suggestions?
Just shrug your shoulders and give a goofy look, like you are nuts!

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The other night while I was MDing behind a school a young boy dressed in his Tiger Scout uniform came running over to me yelling "Hey Mister what are you doing?" I told him I was looking for buried coins. "Like treasure?" Yep, like treasure. "Cool!" Just then I swept my detector and got a tone. This little guys freaks out - "Treasure!!!!". We dug up a quarter and after I checked that it was clad - I gave it to him. You thought I gave him a million dollars as he ran over to his parents. His mom and dad thanked me and did the little scout.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread