All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Elderly woman once told me I was doing a nice job trimming the grass.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
Once when I was detecting a teenager threw a quarter at me and said "Here's a quarter"...I threw it back and said "It's probably your mom's...isn't that what she charges?" and went back to detecting.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had someone ask me what I was doing as if it wasn't obvious

Silverfinder99

Mar 23, 2012
Jacksonville AR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite one is one I get pretty often. Its the one where the cop hollers "what are you doing?" and I'm like isn't it obvious? I've been trying my best to come up with a good here's your sign joke to say to them when they ask this but haven't been able to come up with anything as of yet that wouldn't get me a ride down town. Any suggestions?

sparky661

Jun 1, 2012
Oswego NY
Detector(s) used
ETRAC ,T2 SE , Garret Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a teacher from a high school ask if i was stealing the kids lunch money........

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had a teacher from a high school ask if i was stealing the kids lunch money........

Maybe if they routinely buried it in the ground...

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
HEY! I used to have one of those geiger counters.........nge

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I got one person asking if the md was some type of special machine to measure the minerals in the soil. Don't know where he got that idea.
Others ask if I am looking for gold, (in a park), and I always answer "no just looking for clad".

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstriking Michigan said:
Once when I was detecting a teenager threw a quarter at me and said "Here's a quarter"...I threw it back and said "It's probably your mom's...isn't that what she charges?" and went back to detecting.

That's freaking hilarious

Couple teenagers yelled loser at me, I yelled back I have to do this to pay for ur parents welfare checks.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
An elderly lady walking her dog asked my friend and I if our detectors were measuring equipment for earthquakes.

And of course .... the weed-wacker type comments ("gee that's the quietest weed-wacker I've ever seen", etc...) come now and then as well.

sparky661

Jun 1, 2012
Oswego NY
Detector(s) used
ETRAC ,T2 SE , Garret Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Talon said:
Maybe if they routinely buried it in the ground...

Yea I felt like pointing my MD at her and saying this is a holdup give me your money :)

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had a group of kids follow me arounda park one day helping me digg plugs, parents said thanks for keeping them out of trouble for us then ask if parent would get them a dirt fishing rod for b-days xmas etc....

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When people ask what I'm doing I tell them I'm hunting aliens, and keep walking.:icon_thumleft:

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite one is one I get pretty often. Its the one where the cop hollers "what are you doing?"

When I was looking at this topic, I was curious. I don't have anyone yell anything at me. Except this one lady cops. "What the heck are you doing". I told her I was "Playing with my toy" I didn't clarify. Nor did I think about it before I said it. I won't be using that one again. so if anyone else wants you use it. :-)

warrior

Greenie
Feb 4, 2011
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250
I mainly beach hunt and one day a very hot girl ran up to me and yelled what's up? She wasn't annoying or anything and actually very sweet and polite, she didn't ask your basic what are you doing but asked whether gold or junk made the same sounds etc. She asked if my detector would pick up a little diamond stud she had in her nose and asked if she could hear, so I handed her my headphones and told her to let me know when she heard the beep. Remember; hot girl; bikini. as I lift my detector up she said "I heard the beep" this was in the general area of her Bikini bottoms (Put your mind to work) she must have seen the look on my face because she smiled, blushed and said "oh yeah there too". She thanked me for talking to her and wished me luck. One of my best finds yet.

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
warrior said:
I mainly beach hunt and one day a very hot girl ran up to me and yelled what's up? She wasn't annoying or anything and actually very sweet and polite, she didn't ask your basic what are you doing but asked whether gold or junk made the same sounds etc. She asked if my detector would pick up a little diamond stud she had in her nose and asked if she could hear, so I handed her my headphones and told her to let me know when she heard the beep. Remember; hot girl; bikini. as I lift my detector up she said "I heard the beep" this was in the general area of her Bikini bottoms (Put your mind to work) she must have seen the look on my face because she smiled, blushed and said "oh yeah there too". She thanked me for talking to her and wished me luck. One of my best finds yet.

Now I wanna mount a camera on my machine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread