Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXIII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a feeling that Garrett is sticking (like a few others) to the ten year cut off point for repairs which is a thing I don't like. Other than that it was a big seller from when it came out in 95 or 96.

There was a good range of coils plus the ability to use a hoard hunter attachment. Drawback was mineralised red clay which it didn't handle as well as my XLT though on most sites the all metal non motion mode worked extremely well. Like most ordinary VLF's it doesn't like wet salt beaches. Fine up on the dry.

Very quick recovery speed which is good, but it's noisy clicking on rejected iron that other detectors will pass over in silence but you can tell its iron so not a real problem. Whilst with the XLT bad targets tend to mask good the Garrett is far better.

You need to check its working correctly, it should be very stable and consider what you are going to be wanting to use it for. If it was for beaches you would be better looking elsewhere. Being in Europe I don't know if the price is good. Sounds a little high but most of its age that are cheaper will be battered and worn and you will be getting the full kit and the seller might come down a bit.

OP
OP
R

ridgetop1

Aug 28, 2012
Wisconsin, Lacrosse area
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXIII
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the information Brian, I live in Wisconsin so hitting salty beaches probably wont happen. HH Thanks again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread