Upvote 0

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Go, as long as the ground isn't frozen solid. It's nice going out and not sweating to death, swatting gnats and mosquitos, dodging snakes and yellow jackets. Just be sure you wear BLAZE ORANGE if you're detecting during hunting season and I would stay out of the woods because of the hunters!!!!!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we have a winter like last in Pa. I was out in janurary

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter will not affect your detector at all unless its a cheepy like 50 to 100 dollars, I go out when ist 20 degrees and has no efect on my detector.Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fun is where you find it and if the ole lady sees you with time on your hands you could be volunteered to help her attend clothing sales or give your opinion of colors in a fabric store. I have gone out when the ground was frozen solid and had to chip the frozen dirt to uncover a penny. Be sure to wear safety glasses and use a GI shovel with a pick.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minnesota frozen ground is like concrete - there is no digging in it, but before it reaches that stage it will only be frozen the top inch or so, and you can dig through it. I love late fall and early spring hunting, since it is generally bug free. So if it mostly stays at or above freezing and the ground is still bare, I hunt. I must say I have gotten desperate for a detecting fix and hunted frozen ground- couldn't dig but could scope out places with a lot of good signals so that I could return to them after the thaw.

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i still hunt in the water in winter up here in the NE

Top Member Reactions