Here is my story

Dr Freezelove

Aug 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So as a kid I watched my father and his Whites find coins, sleigh bells, gold earrings, etc. MD was a part of my fathers heritage. He never found a treasure cache but his brother did. A story I will share someday. But much like the story "Field of Dreams" minus the baseball insert pretty much everything on TreasureNet, my father and I didn't see eye to eye on life. He up and left in January of 1986 with his detectors and his treasures and I can count on one hand how many times we spoke. He died a few years back I never did see him again and I can't plant some corn field and go MD with my dad to look for Dutch Schultz treasure like we did in the 70's or look for gold in ghost towns in Colorado while making a cross country trip.

Lately I have been thinking about the past and have had this desire to dig. Whether it is in my DNA or a link back to my father it is something I have to do. I gathered some trinkets together and whatever I can get will determine what MD I can afford. My wife has me on hobby probation.

I look forward to posting with you thanks for reading.

Upvote 0

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome Aboard,Dr. wishing you find many Treasures,,sorry about your Dad,me too I don't have a close relationship with my Dad.:unhappysmiley:but it is what it is,my dad is still living,I show him respect & lot's of Love:icon_thumright:He is my Dad--Honor your Mother & Father,,this hobby might give you some insight & closure on how you're feeling,,HH:hello:

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are we married to the same lady lol i wanted to get padi certified and she told me no more so i am saving with out her knowing i let her get her fingers and toes done with out complaining so its gonna happen lol.My dad was a race car driver and everytime i get in my truck i think i am lol but now i am 38 and my pops is 67 i lie to him just so i can watch him work on my car or something.I love to swing my detector i started for to glory of riches and quickly reliezed i am doing it for exercise and the thrill of the hunt. well goodluck on your mission

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dr , I got a Sand Shark for fathers day , I wanted a Excal but a little out of my price range . I'm happy with my SS I'm hunting beaches and ponds in the North East . I forgot one important thing though a water scoop ! Didn't even ask her as the are at least $140and the detector almost put her over the edge . Well my friend owns a metal fab shop , so I asked him if he could make me one . I put new tires on his truck for him and when I dropped it off at his shop he put 4 of them together for me but only one with a handle . He's gonna put handles on the others. Long handles on 2 of them and a top handle on the other . My dad lives 3 miles from me but don't see him much . He detects but never hunted with him , gonna try to set up a couple hunts this fall I hope . Save your $ you'll have one in no time and when the gold shows up hand it to her and smile .

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad and I had a falling out about thirty yrs ago, then around ten yrs ago we started talking again, have put the past behind us and moved on. We get together as much as we can now to MD and just talk.
He is almost 80 now, but still in fairly good health, hope he sticks around for a while, he is the one that got me into MDing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions