for $450, whites mxt 300 or garrett AT Pro?

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Plug said:
Title says it all. If you can get one of these for $450, which would you pick and why? I am having trouble deciding. Seeking all advice. This will be my first detector if that helps

I hope you visit other forums and ask the same question. Garret seems to be the preferred brand name on this site.

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
I was having the same predicament, and i got a garrett at pro....i like that it is waterproof.....it seems that both machines run pretty equivalent from alll that i read, but the mxt has a gold prospecting mode which is supposed to be pretty good if youre into that. It is a tough call though to be honest

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm like rossman, I like the fact that the AT Pro is water proof and can be used around the salt water with some adjustments, to my knowledge the MXT is not able to be used around the salt water. I also like the fact that the AT Pro is lighter, with more choices on the control box for different kinds of hunting, ground balancing, and discrimination. I have used both and prefer the AT Pro over the MXT

wayland

Aug 9, 2012
I have a Garrett and its a good machine. I am getting a new detector in a couple months and its going to be a whites vx3. Both are quality machine. My opinion the MXT is bulletproof. Good luck. Have a great day.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Both are great detectors I had a mxt300 and I have to say that it was among the best detectors I have had. I didn't use it from when I had the v3i and that was my main reason for letting it go.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All top brand name detectors are good...The reason I choose an AT Pro...It was a simple choice ...when it looks like rain I still go where before i passed for a sunny day

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread