Info for Missouri State Parks FREE permit.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Yes but there are a few little catches from my understanding.

Metal Detecting is allowed only on specific sand beaches at the facilities listed below. A permit is required and may be obtained free of charge by writing to Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Operations and Resource Management Program, P.O. Box 176, Jefferson City, MO 65102, or by e-mail at [email protected].

Crowder State Park
Cuivre River State Park
Finger Lakes State Park
Lake of the Ozarks State Park
Lake Wappapello State Park
Lewis and Clark State Park
Long Branch State Park
Pershing State Park
Pomme de Terre State Park
St. Joe State Park
Stockton State Park
Trail of Tears State Park
Harry S Truman State Park
Wakonda State Park
Wallace State Park
Watkins Woolen Mill State Park and State Historic Site

OP
OP
zaweiss

zaweiss

Nov 14, 2006
Park Hills, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Yes,

As always there are catches!

BUT - About 14 years ago, I obtained one of these permits and I showed it to the park rangers... They told me that I could hunt anywhere as long as I didnt leave holes!

Z

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Hello all..... just wanted to add that you can hunt the specific areas Stoney was talking about with this permit issued by the Missouri State dept of natural resources......but as I found out (got my hand slapped), it does not apply to Missouri State Conservation parks......as I was told they are two separate departments...."well I never......"....lol. Happy Hunting all, just be careful in those state conservation parks, as far as I know they are still forbidden.........take care, gregd573

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
gregd573 said:
just be careful in those state conservation parks, as far as I know they are still forbidden.........take care, gregd573

Well, actually I called the MO Dept of Conservation. They said I could detect on conservation land, but you can't remove anything.....LOL. Plus you had better not dig near a plant they try to propigate on the property or some of the protected plants. So basically what your looking at here is you can detect and listen to the pretty beeps, but you had better no dig a hole, find something, and put it in your pocket or kill a plant while you are at it. May as well stay away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread