Garrett Pro pointer?

adaminnh

Oct 8, 2012
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is my first year detecting. I honestly was going to give up early on. Was spending 5 to 10 min on every target. At the end of the day I had a sore back from bending over so long. Then a friend with a pro pointer invited me along on a hunt. Was spending a min or less on each target. Ordered one that afternoon. Now I cant say anything about other brands cause ive not used them. But the garrett is beyond awsome. Ive been using it heavily since may and replaced battery 3 times. Its been dropped, had a large rock roll over it, kids left it in the yard during a storm...its been through alot. Works as good as when I first took it out of the box. Only thing ive done with mine is wrapped elecrical tape around the speaker. Its kinda loud in a park at nite and I just didnt want to risk getting water in it. A couple layers of tape muffles the sound a bit. I recomend the pro pointer to anyone and everyone.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dustyallen, Here's the straight scoop minus the hype. Your Harbor Freight cost you about $18, the Pro cost about $160.
Now get this! THEY BOTH PICK UP A DIME AT ABOUT 1". The Pro has a neater case, but is harder to fix.
Frank View attachment 684336

Frank...seriously....160 bucks....You read every thread in here & you know they dont cost that much......Anyways Ive paid 25 for each Harbor frieght...& they both are in pinpointer heaven now(Broken junk)....So guys save for a Propointer......& they also pick up a dime at more than an inch!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am like everyone else. I love the pro pointer. It will save lots of digging and in many cases you will find your coin or whatever your detector alerted you on without digging. The best money I spent. I agree 100% with mrmackin. Also like dougofpa I have actually turned around 15 miles from home to go back and get it. It never leaves my truck so i am certain to have it when I go out.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pro Tip, for waterproofing any electronic device, used by navy seals even:
put it inside of a CONDOM and tie the top, you can still use the item as normal(although you may look a bit goofy) but it definitely works, even with cellphones. The dollar stores have condoms, so they are cheap as well.
[/QUOTE]

Pro tip...avoid buying condoms @ the dollar stores!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Kayden. The list price of the Pro pointer is $160 and I paid $16 for my HF pinpointer. The test report here on T net shows they both pick up a dime at 1". Sure there will be a variation from pointer to pointer. Mine is over a year old. Yep the push button switches are cheap on the HF, But a new switch at Radio Shack is only a couple of bucks and it is easy to repair. The pro pointer has had problems with it's circuit board that is hard to get at and replace. I will agree that the Pro has a better shape, but that very shape makes it very hard to repair.
Now, have you seen the Minelab Pro-find 25? it looks like the pro pointer and cost about the same. It has adjustable sensitivity. Hay, I am not a branded person, I just look at the facts not the bogus claims. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-5.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 293

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread