Garrett Pro pointer?

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Upvote 0

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My own experience, I won't even think of hunting without it. Imagine having to hand crank your automobile to start it, then you see a car where a guy gets in and pushes a button and the motor starts up and he drives off, ask him if he wants to go back to hand crank...:icon_thumright:

Plus now I'm so fast, I've got a routine, and it takes me on average 1-3 mins from pp on metal detector and deciding "dig it" to in the pouch and swingin' the coil again.:metaldetector:

Last edited:

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with mrmackin, My Pro pointer was given to me by a friend ( mac232, Thank you again ). And I would never leave the house without it! imho Ya gotta getcha one!!!!

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The best $127.00 dollars I ever spent (for this hobby).....I would not detect without it.....Garrett Pro Pointer is the BEST

MADJOKER

Jun 25, 2011
Missouri City, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Love mine. I was hesitant at first to buy one myself and boy am I glad I did. Best money I have spent.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK so been detecting for a very short while. I currently have just a small hand held that came from harbor freight that I use to pin point with. I was wondering if the Garrett pro pointer is worth the money or not? Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Dusty...BUY ONE...you will never use another propointer again...and you will never leave the house without it...

If you are driving to go metal detecting and realize 20 miles down the road you forgot it.......It is the one item that will make you turn around and go back and get

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
OK Hey thanks so much. It really does help having so many people on here who are willing to help. Folks that "have not arrived " but they remember what it was like when they first started. I really do appreciate the input. EBay has them I think around the $125 mark so guess we will proceed forward with the purchase.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was at a park yesterday that prohibits md'ing but I just casually relaxed in a picnic spot with my garret pp doing side scans where I sat, with my thumb over the speaker. If it went off I'd just run my fingers through the grass, not digging or anything, and found some coins as well as misc trash laying right up on top.

Not disturbing the ground at all.

badger

Mar 7, 2012
Divide, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
absolutely, the garrett pro pointer is the only way to go. If you are patient, you can pick up a good used one on ebay for around 100 bucks.....worth every penny.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a new one last night for 114 bucks

ironman

Aug 16, 2012
The Woodlands,Texas
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only bad thing I can say about it is it will not detect fire ants so when your down in ur hole be sure to look at your other hand that's kinda scooping dirt out to make sure there isn't a hundred ants on it lol

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Thanks again for all the replies still haven't bought one yet. Got some silver up on EBay figures since price has rose a bit would sale some and get the pro pointer.

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Well bought one plus a lesche digging tool. Found a combo pack for $137.50 plus free shipping. Very excited! Thanks for everything.

kayden

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Ace250,AT Pro & Garrett Propointer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dusty...BUY ONE...you will never use another propointer again...and you will never leave the house without it...

If you are driving to go metal detecting and realize 20 miles down the road you forgot it.......It is the one item that will make you turn around and go back and get
This!....& I can tell you he would if it happened!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
badger said:
absolutely, the garrett pro pointer is the only way to go. If you are patient, you can pick up a good used one on ebay for around 100 bucks.....worth every penny.

No the Sunray DX-1 is the only way to go. Then maybe the pro pointer.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've not been very impressed with mine. I seam to have to lead mine 3 or 4 inches depending on ground balance. Less in the spring. Duracell only last two mabe three outings. No charger, even if you want to buy one! Not available any other color!
Just joking you all. This pointer is the "SHOOT"! lol You'll learn how not to tap its tip (it'll beep), and you'll love it ever after!
Then I learned how you can change the freq'cy when necessary, which I don't think they explain in the literature. That's odd. I haven't tried that yet.
HH Ray
Perhaps next year I'll salute the LSU purple and gold or Saints Win Superbowl 2013 pointers, Mr. Garrett LOL

Last edited:

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well bought one plus a lesche digging tool. Found a combo pack for $137.50 plus free shipping. Very excited! Thanks for everything.

I think you will be VERY happy with your decision. They are 2 great tools and though it happens...not frequently found "on sale" either. I have both, and have dug many of my targets in about 30 seconds or so.

2 tips for your Pro Pointer that I find useful...

1. beeping but still cant find target... insert in hole til beeping just starts, turn off then on again quickly. Seems to allow for more precise pinpoint.
2. target is deeper than you thought(no beeping)... turn unit on, place a coin on the spine (start approx. @ on/off switch) and gently/slowly slide it up toward the tip til unit "chirps", slide coin back down just a tad (til it's quiet) and point. Takes a little bit of practice to do this without inadvertently sliding the coin while moving the pointer around. I have found my pointer to respond to some targets@ 3" away with this method.

Good luck and HH!!

Last edited:

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
ticm said:
No the Sunray DX-1 is the only way to go. Then maybe the pro pointer.

I agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread