Front and Back yard searched.

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Well been hunting about 2-3 weeks I guess. Have just been in the yard pretty sure I have got what I can get. Here what I found

ForumRunner_20120915_182113.png

ForumRunner_20120915_182128.png

17-Wheaties oldest 1933, 10-memorial cents, 1-Roosevelt dime, 5-Washington quarter clad, 1-Jefferson nickel clad, silver ring, 1-silver Roosevelt dime 1947

Upvote 0

mfitzs70

Sep 15, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett's Ace 250, Garrett's Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet there's still more in there..I pulled a merc dime out of mine then a 54' dime a couple weeks after.

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the backyard digs! I bet the silver dime recovery got the heart rate up a bit! Nice! AC

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Well I just ran it in coin mode and eliminated the zinc penny. So I know they is more stuff out there.

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good start! Guess you'll be getting ready to expand your places to go to now?! Congratulations!

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Lady Pirate said:
Good start! Guess you'll be getting ready to expand your places to go to now?! Congratulations!

Yes actually there are two houses on the street that saw me digging and said "come on over" one of those houses used to have a house built there in the late 1800's early 1900's. I really not wanting to venture to far yet till I get comfortable with my machine.

RESET

Sep 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good start. Good luck in the neighbors yard.

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool- I've been 2 days in my yard and have only found 2 pennies, lots of junk nails and stuff, and a rusted old door latch. Am working my way over to the one corner where there used to be an old lime kiln as that might have something interesting....our area was settled in the early 1700s and the end of the road has an old one room schoolhouse. Does anyone think a one room school house area might be good for searching?

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
abbynormal said:
Cool- I've been 2 days in my yard and have only found 2 pennies, lots of junk nails and stuff, and a rusted old door latch. Am working my way over to the one corner where there used to be an old lime kiln as that might have something interesting....our area was settled in the early 1700s and the end of the road has an old one room schoolhouse. Does anyone think a one room school house area might be good for searching?

What detector you have?

mfitzs70

Sep 15, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett's Ace 250, Garrett's Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, detect the school house area !!!

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, I'll have to talk to the new neighbor there, but I dont think it'll be a problem

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, just saw dustywallen's question- I have a Garrett350. I feel like I'm getting better with it everyday

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a good dozen squared nails from my yard. Most of my yard is concrete, except for 2 12x12 foot sections of dirt. (not my doing). I'd rent a jackhammer, but my wife would beat me to death.

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I should probably tell you that my hubby is a mechanic and builds cars at the house, so there are years worth of auto fasteners and similar junk. I've only covered about a fourth of our 3 acres, but have only had an hour or 2 a day to work on it.

abbynormal

Sep 17, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My house is newer- 1980, but built in an area that has been settled since 1754, from the best I can tell in the records. The original owner bulldozed an old lime kiln off of the property- which ticked off the neighbors. I am near the old Fredericksville Hotel (PA), which I hope to detect at soon.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your off to a great start...congrats on the silver finds...do you know any of the Gillenwaters that live in Kingsport?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread