mpx digital

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
Its a Chinese detector that works ok, but they have had build quality issues in the past. Given the choice, I would go with a more established detector company that stands behind its products, such as White's, Garrett, Tesoro, Fisher, Minelab, Bounty Hunter (midrange or above models only), or Teknetics. (I am sure I missed a few good brands).

I have never used an MPX detector, but I see them on ebay and at kellyco. Depending on where it was bought from, there may be service options.

The question as to if its worth using is hard to answer - what are you looking for? I prospect for gold with my metal detectors - there are only a few that are really good for that purpose, and the MPX is not one of them. If you are mostly interested in Coin Shooting or Relic hunting, or want to work salt water beaches - these would determine what your better choices are. All detectors are compromises to allow for different hunting conditions - there is no one 'best' metal detector.

OP
OP
1942 merc

1942 merc

Sep 14, 2012
sd
Detector(s) used
xp deus , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It has seven target metals from iron/Steele to gold and coins. I found a 1942 merc but I think it was picking up junk and I got lucky. It has a bottle top icon and it shows gold ring instead . Finding alot of cans that say they are gold or coins. When there is little trash it seems to work on newer coins ok. It beeps when you swing it side to side for no reason and will mark .50 cents when there is nothing there at all. I have the sensitivity turned up and it still acts up. I would love to have just a gold detector but I also like looking for coins.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No it's not a good detector. Save a little money and get a solid beginner detector. Tesoro, Whites and Garrett all have high quality detectors for great "beginner" prices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions