Looking for help with some headphones

Canuck

Aug 2, 2012
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm looking to pick up a new fisher GB pro here in the next couple of weeks, and I was hoping to pick up some quality headphones to go along with it. I was wondering what most guys are using when there out there swinging. I see quite a few of the online stores are offering headphones with the purchase, are they any good? Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive heard alot about the Grey Ghost headphones on here and ppl swear by them, I am not speaking out of personal experiencebut its something you could look into and see what you think.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a local detector store or another detectorist in your area, you might want to try a few before deciding. Everyone has their own preference when it comes to comfort and tone quality. Grey Ghost makes a nice unit. So does Koss and some of the detector manufacturers.

Jcar

Greenie
Jul 8, 2012
I've had a set of Grey Ghost originals for the past 12 years. I wouldn't trade 'em for anything. Great headphones.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Jcar said:
I've had a set of Grey Ghost originals for the past 12 years. I wouldn't trade 'em for anything. Great headphones.

Me either. I use them on one of my detectors. The are very comfortable

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Canuck said:
I'm looking to pick up a new fisher GB pro here in the next couple of weeks, and I was hoping to pick up some quality headphones to go along with it. I was wondering what most guys are using when there out there swinging. I see quite a few of the online stores are offering headphones with the purchase, are they any good? Any help would be appreciated.

Canuck.One thing to look into is the headphone jack mono or stereo?If you buy metal detector headphones most have a mono/stereo selector switch such as Detector pro,grey ghost,killer bees,pro golds,jolly rogers.If you go lightweight such as earbuds or Walkman style headphones you will need and adapter.Example,if the jack is stereo,you need a stereo standard to stereo mini adapter etc...

OP
OP
C

Canuck

Aug 2, 2012
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I decided to go with a set of grey ghosts. The reviews for them are top notch.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Canuck said:
Hey guys, thanks for the advice. I decided to go with a set of grey ghosts. The reviews for them are top notch.

Good choice

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread