PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my E-trac a couple of months ago and probably have about 50 hours on it. Found a lot of clad and only couple of silver so far.

Lately I have been hitting an 80+year old park that I know has been hit pretty hard over the years. The other day I had this happen twice, I was using the stock trash mode and listening and got a distinct high tone amongst a bunch of other signals, it was repeatable but mixed with a lot of others, The TID was bouncing around but I saw some good numbers in 40's so I dug it. After finding and removing a couple of trash items(nail, steel crap) I went over the area again and nothing, The stuff I dug actual registered null when I went over, was kind of surprised the high tone completely disappeared. I thought with hearing that high tone earlier after clearing out some trash I should be able to find something. In retrospect I realized since I had the stock program, I was discriminating out some stuff like in 06-47 range so in theory I could have passed up a big coin. Next time out I unblocked the the 47-50 range

I guess my question is should I be surprised to hear a pretty repeatable high tone amongst a bunch a trash, then dig some discriminated trash out and have the high tone completly disappear?

Thanks and HH,

Pete

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread