Update

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, after seeking much needed treatment during my last detecting binge....I am happy to say that I am much healthier now. I was detained by family members & put into a mental facility after I was caught kissing on my metal detector. Different strokes for different folks eh? Anyway, im back in the scene now...& been looking forward to a lucky season of detecting, & waiting patiently for rain to moisten the ground up. I invested in a pack of dogs & had them on water pills hoping they could do the job for me, but instead was fined for being over the K9 limit. Anyway, can't wait for a tubular season of detecting, & look forward to sharing my treasures with you as you can share yours with me!!!

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey youngsters, before you were born, pull tabs all came off automatically. You popped it open, pulled it off and dropped it so iCandy could find them 40 years later. They were on beer, soft drink and well most cans with any type of beverage inside. You could hook them all together and make chains, but that was no fun because then the future generation of treasure hunters would have nothing to complain about. I dropped hundreds and some dropped thousands. I thought everyone knew and no, you don't have to thank us. Look at all the practice you're getting.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
austin said:
Hey youngsters, before you were born, pull tabs all came off automatically. You popped it open, pulled it off and dropped it so iCandy could find them 40 years later. They were on beer, soft drink and well most cans with any type of beverage inside. You could hook them all together and make chains, but that was no fun because then the future generation of treasure hunters would have nothing to complain about. I dropped hundreds and some dropped thousands. I thought everyone knew and no, you don't have to thank us. Look at all the practice you're getting.

I wonder what happened to all those chains I helped make.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austin said:

Is that right? Well thanks for the idea...cuz I'm gonna hook all the ones I've found together...make an aluminum whip...& make you my own personal "pull tab" slave!!! You're gonna learn a lesson...I might be a younger detectorist...but im full of knowledge!!!

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
iCandy said:
Is that right? Well thanks for the idea...cuz I'm gonna hook all the ones I've found together...make an aluminum whip...& make you my own personal "pull tab" slave!!! You're gonna learn a lesson...I might be a younger detectorist...but im full of knowledge!!!

Yowsers

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

LOL...I can hear the snap of that whip now....

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
strateloss said:
LOL...I can hear the snap of that whip now....

Check out this video on YouTube:

Sent from my iPhone

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it cool too see you still have your sense of humor

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other

Yeah, you're full of something being an OU fan. See you in Dallas for OU weekend, or do you folks call it "eat a fried twinkie at the fair, then get our butts kicked weekend"? Oh wait, I forgot, I'm almost 65 and they won't let me out of the nursing home to go anywhere anymore. Well, except when we get taken out to Luby's Cafeteria for jello and strained peas...

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austin said:
Yeah, you're full of something being an OU fan. See you in Dallas for OU weekend, or do you folks call it "eat a fried twinkie at the fair, then get our butts kicked weekend"? Oh wait, I forgot, I'm almost 65 and they won't let me out of the nursing home to go anywhere anymore. Well, except when we get taken out to Luby's Cafeteria for jello and strained peas...

You're obviously not intelligent in the history are are you??

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You're obviously not intelligent in the history are are you??

Actually, I just practice what we in Texas call "selective recall". Using a mathematical function we determine that based on a curve when we beat Oklahoma once every 15 years, that counts for a majority win situation. Actually, we have never lost a game to you. If there had been more time, if the refs hadn't cheated, if Switzer hadn't bought Trans-Ams for all the Texans he recruited illegally and if the scoreboard guy hadn't been bribed to shave points when nobody was looking we would be undefeated. How can you argue with that? "Jesus" Jack Mildren, Steve Owens, Thomas Lott, Greg Pruitt, Billy Sims, Joe Washington, Elvis Peacock, Adrian Peterson should all have been investigated by the government because I know they were all aliens from outer space who were kept locked up all week and fed gunpowder and then turned loose on Saturday. "Selective recall". We call them as we'd like to see them.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austin said:
Actually, I just practice what we in Texas call "selective recall". Using a mathematical function we determine that based on a curve when we beat Oklahoma once every 15 years, that counts for a majority win situation. Actually, we have never lost a game to you. If there had been more time, if the refs hadn't cheated, if Switzer hadn't bought Trans-Ams for all the Texans he recruited illegally and if the scoreboard guy hadn't been bribed to shave points when nobody was looking we would be undefeated. How can you argue with that? "Jesus" Jack Mildren, Steve Owens, Thomas Lott, Greg Pruitt, Billy Sims, Joe Washington, Elvis Peacock, Adrian Peterson should all have been investigated by the government because I know they were all aliens from outer space who were kept locked up all week and fed gunpowder and then turned loose on Saturday. "Selective recall". We call them as we'd like to see them.

I'm very familiar with selective recall. I use it with the ex's

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
forgot to ask how was the honey moon with said new dectector

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
iCandy- A teacher in Oklahoma was going to have career day and asked each student to get up and tell what their dad or mom did for a living. Bobby got up and stated that his dad was a fireman that saved people's lives and made your houses and neighborhoods safer. Mary then got up and said that her mom was a police officer who served and protected, let you sleep well because she caught the bad guys and even rescued cats. Then Johnny got up and stated that his father was a drug dealer and a dancer in a gay bar. The teacher was shocked and put the students on another task. She called Johnny to her desk and asked if it was true that his dad was a drug dealer and a dancer in a gay bar. Johnny replied, " No, he really is a football coach at the University of Oklahoma and I'm just too ashamed to tell anyone about it". Hook-em-Horns...

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austin said:
iCandy- A teacher in Oklahoma was going to have career day and asked each student to get up and tell what their dad or mom did for a living. Bobby got up and stated that his dad was a fireman that saved people's lives and made your houses and neighborhoods safer. Mary then got up and said that her mom was a police officer who served and protected, let you sleep well because she caught the bad guys and even rescued cats. Then Johnny got up and stated that his father was a drug dealer and a dancer in a gay bar. The teacher was shocked and put the students on another task. She called Johnny to her desk and asked if it was true that his dad was a drug dealer and a dancer in a gay bar. Johnny replied, " No, he really is a football coach at the University of Oklahoma and I'm just too ashamed to tell anyone about it". Hook-em-Horns...

HARDEE HAR HAR 👉👌

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
This is no joke.I would take my psychotic so called friend that's on about nine different pills to get out detecting and he would bring his dog,a big black labrador retriever,and every time i got a signal and i would start to dig babe would start digging in the exact spot!.I had to force and push the dog out of the way :-!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
This is no joke.I would take my psychotic so called friend that's on about nine different pills to get out detecting and he would bring his dog,a big black labrador retriever,and every time i got a signal and i would start to dig babe would start digging in the exact spot!.I had to force and push the dog out of the way :-!

Wait a minute. Buy a 6 pack of really good beer(I recommend Moose Drool from Misssoula), grab a beach chair, then detect until you get the signal. Pick up the shovel, show it to the dog, dig one time, sit down, have a beer and let the dog do all the work. You'll really enjoy detecting a lot more, the dog works cheap and your friend will be so stoned he'll never notice.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing about pull tabs (and beer cans) is that they will NEVER go away. All those pesky nails will eventually rust away, but pull tabs are forever.

The old beaver tail tabs went away in the 70's. If you rinse the dirt off, they look as good as the day they were dropped

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread