Boxes of crap

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I have a few boxes of crap like this that I have been holding on to. I need to clean out some space. What the heck do I do with this stuff. Do I toss it.? I need some space and I hate to do it. Nothing worth selling. I could give it to someone, but who would want it?

image-3447927028.jpg

image-3170119536.jpg

Upvote 0

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll Take a box of the jewelry looking stuff

Tee1up

Sep 9, 2012
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you really have that much and you have sifted out all of the relics, I would take the lot down to your local scrap metal buyer.
You might be surprised what this stuff is worth.

poptab1

Sep 26, 2012
DuPage county. IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-7,
Tesoro Stingray,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing worth selling. I could give it to someone, but who would want it?

Therein is your answer.

Yes, it's nice junk with every piece linked to the memory of finding it. We all like to possess things but hoarding can become a serious problem. Toss the items but retain the memories. You won't regret it.

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poptab1 said:
Therein is your answer.

Yes, it's nice junk with every piece linked to the memory of finding it. We all like to possess things but hoarding can become a serious problem. Toss the items but retain the memories. You won't regret it.

Excellent idea!

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say if you don't want to sell it, send it to me and I will pay for the shipping! I love found junk! Serious

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Donate it to the art department of your high school...maybe the metal works class could make mini statutes from the items.

JanThorCro

Aug 29, 2012
The Land of Captain Crunch
Detector(s) used
DFX

Starting to understand the machine. :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all that Loot, you could have a Metal detecting day at some kids hospital where their in there for cancer or something and put on a seeded hunt for them.

They'd love it.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey ticm, 29 posts on this worthless junk. You're gonna get the record. Why don't you just throw it all away just to piss everyone off. Or scatter it up and down the beach, ah, a brilliant idea you had. Tell you what, scatter it, give em the coordinates and I'll buy the beer and we can sit and watch everyone detect for it. Only problem will be the dozen or so posts with pics that we'll have to look at as they display their new finds.

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
austin said:
Hey ticm, 29 posts on this worthless junk. You're gonna get the record. Why don't you just throw it all away just to piss everyone off. Or scatter it up and down the beach, ah, a brilliant idea you had. Tell you what, scatter it, give em the coordinates and I'll buy the beer and we can sit and watch everyone detect for it. Only problem will be the dozen or so posts with pics that we'll have to look at as they display their new finds.

You get it don't you. Think how fun it would be to see it get posted in today's finds.

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
JanThorCro said:
With all that Loot, you could have a Metal detecting day at some kids hospital where their in there for cancer or something and put on a seeded hunt for them.

They'd love it.

On a serious note. That would be a cool thing to do.

Joe Dirt

Sep 22, 2012
Silvertown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Sun Ray DX-1 Probe, Vintage late 70's Radio Shack junker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hitting auctions lately, all the stuff you pictured would sell for a LOT more than you would think at these auctions. I swear I see boxes of stuff like in your first pix sell for in the $50-$75 range.

Here is my suggestion... Find a few descent sized (big enough to hold a cigar box full of items) old iron banks that each takes a key. Load your stuff in the banks & take the old iron banks to an auction house & have them sell it but don't include the keys! I just watched a guy pay $80 for a very small (4" tall x 3" wide x 2.5" deep) old iron bank without a key & there were items in it. $80??? I couldn't believe it, the bank might have been worth $20 or $25 but no more especially without it's key. People like to gamble at auctions, it's part of the game. Who knows what was in the bank he bought, could have been a few gold coins or could have been stuff just like you have!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
ticm, Send me the box in picture 3862763591jpg and I will mount the best stuff on a 200 year old oak barn board for you and return it to you. My fee will only be the return postage and that car in the lower RH corner that looks like an Auburn. Frank

Attachments

• Ma and Pa srike.jpg
    Ma and Pa srike.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 95

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Artists who make steam punk pieces would probably love to have it. Have you considered putting batches of it on ebay or offering the lot on Craigs list? I have a bunch of junk as well, but yours looks much better than mine!
Engrave a plate, "Al Gores Actual SSI Lock Box".

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't throw my junk away, I'm kind of a sentimental old fool.

The older I get, and the more family estates I help clean up, It is becoming increasingly apparent that not only can you not "take it with you", but "things" are not nearly as important as I once thought they were.

Collections that take a lifetime to amass, get scattered again in short order, with little fanfare.

Lose the junk, but never throw away your friends and family members.

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Make mobiles out of it, go to a craft fair, and sell them for five dollars a piece. All that stuff is interesting to look at but worthless. Suspend it in the air, watch it blow around in the breeze, and everyone will want one for their porch. It also has the added advantage of being weather resistant as it is already rusted.
If you don't feel like doing it then put an add on craig's list and hook up with a highschool or college art student. Let them do all the work and split the profits with them 50/50. You've got yourself a gold mine...you just need to market it well.
Ps. I get first pick of the mobiles...I'll pay 4.99$ and not a penny more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions