favorite place

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
jimzz977 said:
When md at the soccor field again, where I found first silver. No luck just clad coins, still look for my first silver coin or even a wheaty

Ok.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Please don't be angry about this, BUT if you are in New Mexico why are you on a soccer field where you find nothing. Go out to an old park, a stagecoach route, the Sangre de Cristos and Santa Fe area where the spanish trod, the Lordsburg area east and west where the army and the apaches trod. You live in adventureland.The only thing you didn't have was Davy Crockett because he came here to San Antonio and the mexican drug lords(my theory-they thought he was FBI)killed him.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try some private yards. Find ya an old house with a big yard. Ask for permission and let rip.....best of luck.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I trying to get permission on a old farm house I pass by every monring. Wondering if I should detect on all mode or discr iron or just dig all hits

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
If the soccer field pre-dates about 1960, you should be able to find silver & wheaties (assuming it hasn't been pounded to death by past md'rs in your area). I know some parks and schools in my area, that date to the '40s and '50s, that we used to hunt for silver at, back in the late '70s and early '80s. But you'd be hard-pressed to find ANY silver at them now, since they were just picked so hard back then, when the pickens were easy (assuming we were at schools and parks where depth and junk wasn't the issue). So it's not a "given" that any school or park or soccer field that dates back to the silver days, will *necessarily* produce for an md'r, today, in 2012.

"Old farms" are not necessarily good places to coin hunt either. Not a "given" anyhow, even if they are super old. Because of several reason: back in the old days, before curb-side trash pickup, people on farms just put their trash out in the yards in burn pits/bins. Or scattered the kitchen scraps out in the yard for the chickens to pick at (read "trash"). And the yard was nothing more than a parking lot for tractors, was a work-zone, etc.... Farms were (and still often are) industrial/commerical areas of usage. So unlike city municipal yards, where people tend to keep a neat tidy front yard (and don't use their front yard to store piles of supplies, tin, tractors parking, welding, etc...).

So if it were me, I'd prefer an inner city yard, all things being equal.

OP
OP
jimzz977

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be right I see farm euip un the yard and tomorrow going to kne oldest park in town and there some abandon homes in the area it is in historic part of town

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread