Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How deep do you dig?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16
    us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    2,728
    1165 times
    Research and occasional field work
    In the past I'd dig till I smelled eggrolls.

  2. #17

    Sep 2012
    7
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Once I break dirt I am committed I don't stop until I find it. There's been times I've found good things in other peoples holes. At the local park

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using TreasureNet
    tokameel likes this.

  3. #18
    us
    Sep 2012
    Southwestern America
    Garrett Ace 250
    289
    72 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepdiger View Post
    Once I break dirt I am committed I don't stop until I find it...clip
    I agree. If I get a signal I dig until it's identified. Silly me sought a tiny speck of metal for almost an hour before I figured out a magnet helped. I'm learning as I go...

    cheers,
    cc

  4. #19
    us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    3,212
    790 times
    This has got to be one of the most amazing threads on T-Net. Or should I say the new T-net.

  5. #20
    us
    Sep 2012
    Southwestern America
    Garrett Ace 250
    289
    72 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by ticm View Post
    This has got to be one of the most amazing threads on T-Net. Or should I say the new T-net.
    I agree. I like it for numerous reasons, not limited to the following:

    -I learned that certain parts of the surrounding New Orleans area have a high buried trash content.

    -I learned that the Eagle Eye or a GTI 2500 can find your truck hood down 15ft.

    -I learned more about the preferred digging tools of others.

    -I learned a new joke (knee deep, knee deep)

    -I saw some interesting pics.

    And much, much more...

    Please share what you found so amazing...

    peace,
    cc

  6. #21
    us
    Sep 2012
    Ohio
    White's VX3, Garrett's Ace 250, Garrett's Propointer
    58
    21 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepdiger View Post
    Once I break dirt I am committed I don't stop until I find it. There's been times I've found good things in other peoples holes. At the local park

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using TreasureNet


    Ouch thats gotta hurt!!!! Oh nevermind I was thinking something else...

  7. #22
    us
    Sep 2007
    New Jersey
    Whites V3i and DFX
    3,212
    790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin.Coin

    I agree. I like it for numerous reasons, not limited to the following:

    -I learned that certain parts of the surrounding New Orleans area have a high buried trash content.

    -I learned that the Eagle Eye or a GTI 2500 can find your truck hood down 15ft.

    -I learned more about the preferred digging tools of others.

    -I learned a new joke (knee deep, knee deep)

    -I saw some interesting pics.

    And much, much more...

    Please share what you found so amazing...

    peace,
    cc
    Well now I am amazed at the list you just produced. What's the much, much more?
    Calvin.Coin likes this.

  8. #23
    us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro....

    Jan 2011
    New Orleans
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer, Whites Prism
    2,891
    703 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Calvin, I appreciate your interest in New Orleans, it's vibrant culture and high trash content. We're pretty proud of our trash layer and have been working diligently for many years to improve it where ever possible. Where many places have a few pulltabs here and there I have documented places where pulltabs and bottlecaps nearly outnumbered the rocks in the gravel. It's pretty incredible sometimes. My continuing research is aimed at finding all these areas, and making sure there are no zinc pennies in the ground to complicate things.

    Seriously though.... There is a park near the lake that used to be a boat landing in the 17-1800's and was also one end of a rail line from the lake to the river front. It's been gone for a century and there was even an amusement park there for a long time. I have pulled a few nice finds out of it, but also found what I'm pretty sure is a chunk of old rail in the ground,(still there I'm not digging it out) and probably 10 pounds of trash and I've only covered a small part. The big problem we have here is that most of this city is built over reclaimed swamp land and it was backfilled with trash. Some places like my neighborhood that trash layer can be right under the grass..... It gets a bit frustrating sometimes but I keep at it.

    Also some of this info has been quite useful to me, I now know what kind of detector to use if I ever accidentally lose a truck hood. which from the assortment of car parts that turn up in abandoned lots here I'm guessing is a real possibility......
    Last edited by NOLA_Ken; Oct 01, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

    Now in the process of posting my antique photo collection at : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

  9. #24
    us
    Sep 2012
    Southwestern America
    Garrett Ace 250
    289
    72 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA_Ken View Post
    ...clip...Seriously though.... There is a park near the lake that used to be a boat landing in the 17-1800's and was also one end of a rail line from the lake to the river front. It's been gone for a century and there was even an amusement park there for a long time. I have pulled a few nice finds out of it, but also found what I'm pretty sure is a chunk of old rail in the ground,(still there I'm not digging it out) and probably 10 pounds of trash and I've only covered a small part. The big problem we have here is that most of this city is built over reclaimed swamp land and it was backfilled with trash. Some places like my neighborhood that trash layer can be right under the grass..... It gets a bit frustrating sometimes but I keep at it...
    With all that history I would keep at it too...I would dig tons of trash, and dispose of it proper, for the tiniest of treasures!

    Enjoy The Hunt, Everybody,
    cc

  10. #25
    us
    Ray

    Jul 2012
    New Orleans burb
    At-Pro, Fisher F2
    351
    94 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin.Coin View Post
    With all that history I would keep at it too...I would dig tons of trash, and dispose of it proper, for the tiniest of treasures!

    Enjoy The Hunt, Everybody,
    cc
    Where are you cc? Southwest?
    Something like digging Tijuana perhaps. Less rocks.( I mean mineralised rocks) LOL
    My detector goes thru shingles and terracotta plumbing. Lesche, not as easy.
    Some say dig everything. Yea right! How many feet of chicken wire, metal guttering, siding or lenghth of plumbing would they pursue? We do keep at it. And vent a bit more.
    Ray

  11. #26
    us
    Sep 2012
    Mississippi, Gulf coast
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
    55
    13 times
    Metal Detecting
    You folks from New Orleans need someone to hang around with? I'm in Gulfport. I'd like to share experiences and learn from others.

  12. #27
    us
    Sep 2012
    Southwestern America
    Garrett Ace 250
    289
    72 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by New Orleans Relic View Post
    Where are you cc? Southwest?
    Something like digging Tijuana perhaps. Less rocks.( I mean mineralised rocks) LOL
    My detector goes thru shingles and terracotta plumbing. Lesche, not as easy.
    Some say dig everything. Yea right! How many feet of chicken wire, metal guttering, siding or lenghth of plumbing would they pursue? We do keep at it. And vent a bit more.
    Ray
    I'm at a fairly remote AZ location. I'm new to detecting so I'm still in my dig everything stage. If I didn't run in all-metal I'd never even hear a peep, lol. A big score for me is a length of chicken wire over one inch long or a salvage-able nail!

    cheers,
    cc

  13. #28
    us
    Ray

    Jul 2012
    New Orleans burb
    At-Pro, Fisher F2
    351
    94 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    In the past I'd dig till I smelled eggrolls.
    Chicken or pork? After clearing the truck hood, the aroma could be underarm Austin-in July. LOL
    Don't answer that. These guys are maxed on thread knowledge.
    Thanks for most replies. So I'll travel more and go deeper.
    Mt. Ida, Lake Quachita Arkansas next month. Crystal digging and Md'ing!!
    Ray

  14. #29
    us
    When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro....

    Jan 2011
    New Orleans
    Garrett Ace 350 and Propointer, Whites Prism
    2,891
    703 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Ray, do you have the layer of little white shells in the ground on that side of the river? Between them and all the oyster shells some spots are just infuriating to dig over here. I feel your pain with the slate shingles and terra cotta man.
    "That's me, on the beach side combing the sand, metal meter in my hand, sporting a pocket full of change"...... NOFX

    Now in the process of posting my antique photo collection at : http://forgottonimages.tumblr.com/

  15. #30
    us
    Ray

    Jul 2012
    New Orleans burb
    At-Pro, Fisher F2
    351
    94 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    [QUOTE=NOLA_Ken;2961778]Ray, do you have the layer of little white shells in the ground on that side of the river? Between them and all the oyster shells some spots are just infuriating to dig over here. I feel your pain with the slate shingles and terra cotta man.[/QUOTE
    Oh yes. They came from 48 years of Lake P's shell dredging. They'll probably drop 3 inches every 84 years!
    And the lake's comming back now. Should be very nice by spring 2068.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Deep Blue Marine or Deep Blue Pump and Dump?
    By Madonna of Utrecht in forum Diving, Marine, & Underwater Salvage
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Aug 11, 2012, 10:40 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Mar 22, 2011, 02:45 PM
  3. How deep should you dig?
    By mikejr in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Aug 16, 2006, 11:25 PM
  4. First Dime, Sorta & How Deep Is Too Deep?
    By SonjaMarie in forum Metal Detecting
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Feb 26, 2005, 09:47 AM

Search tags for this page

can i metal detect in gretna louisiana
,
how deep dig with metal detectors
,
how deep do u dig till u find gold
,
how deep do u have to dig to find gold
,
how far do you dig in new orleans before hitting water
,
how far down do you dig for silver
,

how far to dig for gold

,

how far to dig to find gold

,
to find gold do you dig deep
,

treasure net how deep to dig bottle

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3