How deep do you dig?

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my AT pro Sept 2011. First 20 hours hunting as a beginner (Oct-Dec), learning this machine, I was digging mabe 7-9in down. Probably cause the ground was very dry and dry clay hard. As the confidence grew (Jan-April 2012), my next 20-30 hunting hours, I'd perhaps gone to 10-12 in. Hibernated since April with the Bayou heat, but its on now !
I'm sure I am and will be missing but I dont want to go 20 plus. Will it come? Not sure.
A recent friend abroad talks about her OKM Evolution she dropped $5,000 on and digs 3-5 ft. Thats excovating!
I guess I'll just liberate coins and bling at 16 and down. Or, 16 and under. Or 16 or less. LOL- You know what I mean.
But dam it; I do have a serious relic itch!
HH Ray
I do hope this thread hasn't been beatin to death prior.

Upvote 0

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i thought there was a good target down there.I`d dig a hole so deep that the flames of hell and damnation itself would melt my shovel!!

HH John

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think the obvious answer would be only as deep as your detector will detect...but silly me chased an elusive little sliver of chicken wire down about a foot or so until I started packing a magnet. Darn thing was probably within an inch of the surface to begin with. I still have trouble with .22 shells though, they are tough to find in sand and the magnet won't tag 'em.

treasure it all,
cc

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I dig as deep as it takes to get to the target. I know this seems almost radical. But sense I am out detecting that's what I do.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I dig until the detector tells me to stop. Silence is golden! Frank coins_0013 token sq_edited-1.jpg

OP
OP
N

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig as deep as it takes to get to the target. I know this seems almost radical. But sense I am out detecting that's what I do.
I understand the Eagle Eye or a GTI 2500 can find your truck hood down 15ft. That wouldn't go in the crap box, T. Could sport it on a wall perhaps. LOL
Ray

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dig until the detector tells me to stop. Silence is golden! Frank View attachment 682182
Silence in this crappy ass area I reside, is always battery/electrical issues. Sorry to say, I'm from here with historically trashy population. Seems to be a generational, cycle thing.
I used to say I wanted to move from here. Now I say I don't want to end up here!
You out there that live in clean places with scenic views, and humble folks, please don't take it for granted. I travel; and relish it!
Ray

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...clip...
You out there that live in clean places with scenic views, and humble folks, please don't take it for granted...
Ray

It's been so long since I've lived around folk that I can't even imagine the logistics of trying to compromise. Beauty is where you find it and the sun sets and rises all around...

peace,
cc

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silence in this crappy ass area I reside, is always battery/electrical issues. Sorry to say, I'm from here with historically trashy population. Seems to be a generational, cycle thing.
I used to say I wanted to move from here. Now I say I don't want to end up here!
You out there that live in clean places with scenic views, and humble folks, please don't take it for granted. I travel; and relish it!
Ray

silence on this side of the river usually means 2 feet of sand and fill that no ones bothered to throw a bunch of trash on yet.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
New Orleans Relic, But doesn't that place get "flushed out" occasionally? Frank The Mask  700.jpg

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, you'd never believe the trash in some of our parks here, and as far as the areas that flooded.....there's a nearly solid layer of nails and debris there. About the best you can hope for in a lot of places is to hit a freshly scraped lot, or to find piles of excavated dirt. It doesn't stop me though, I still putter around in the parks, and occasionally pluck a nice one out of the trash.

Deepdiger

Tenderfoot
Sep 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I break dirt I am committed I don't stop until I find it. There's been times I've found good things in other peoples holes. At the local park

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TreasureNet

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once I break dirt I am committed I don't stop until I find it...clip

I agree. If I get a signal I dig until it's identified. Silly me sought a tiny speck of metal for almost an hour before I figured out a magnet helped. I'm learning as I go...

cheers,
cc

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
This has got to be one of the most amazing threads on T-Net. Or should I say the new T-net.

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has got to be one of the most amazing threads on T-Net. Or should I say the new T-net.

I agree. I like it for numerous reasons, not limited to the following:

-I learned that certain parts of the surrounding New Orleans area have a high buried trash content.

-I learned that the Eagle Eye or a GTI 2500 can find your truck hood down 15ft.

-I learned more about the preferred digging tools of others.

-I learned a new joke (knee deep, knee deep)

-I saw some interesting pics.

And much, much more...

Please share what you found so amazing...

peace,
cc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread