Just bought my Whites XLT E-Series... Now what?

fordam3

Jun 26, 2012
Oxford, OH
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just bought my White's XLT E-Series... Now what?

So I was counting my detecting spoils from the current year (thanks to my Tracker IV) and realized that I had broken the $300 mark. I figured that I'd call up some pawn shops and start testing the market for a detector and sure enough I found an E-series with the stock coil, carrying case, and headphones for $325. Thus far it has been totally worth it; it has well outperformed my Tracker IV. I'm still testing some modifications and whatnot, but I really want to take advantage of its apparent capabilities. I have read numerous accounts of people tweaking it to hit 8+ inches for those really worthwhile coins. Does anyone have any custom settings that have served them well? Also, should I invest in new coils/any extra gear for it? Thanks a bunch!

Upvote 0

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
First read the manual, then check White's site for info. The stock coil is all you need, don't waste your money. It was designed for that detector. With factory settings, using coin and jewelry setting, I have pulled a gold and diamond ring at 8". and a 200 year old ax head at 10+". I have also found a license plate at 2'. I have used it with good results at the beach before I got my Surfmaster PI. Frank

Attachments

• hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    hand print-2_edited-6.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 360

zuludon

Aug 28, 2012
central texas
Detector(s) used
garrett,groundhog,ads7x whites xlt-e
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a deal. i was going to post my deal but yours blowes me out of the water.cant wait to move up from a like new garrett asd i ground hog it still goes very deep but it is much harder to get the goodes. i am hopeing for much improvement in dec and target id.good luck with yours

OP
OP
fordam3

fordam3

Jun 26, 2012
Oxford, OH
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Bounty Hunter IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A good deal it was! Just pulled a Merc out of a sidewalk strip with the stock coin mode :). Thanks for the replies!

freddy williams

Oct 9, 2010
Alabama/ Ohio
Detector(s) used
GTI-2500, Whites V3, xplorer XS Cortes & XLT Cibola Tesoro Tiger shark Now using a Xterra 705, Ace 350...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't stress your self just a little tweeking of the default setting to compesate the soil your hunting is all you need to do. Make you a test garden burryyou a silver quarter at 8 1/2 inches and the XLT will astonish you. It is an awsome machine the first I started out with sold it a few years back and just bought one from POPPA on TNET. Thanks POPPA and TNET. You'll love the detector and trust me nothing compares to it price wise. I had a garrett 2500, no comment.... You know it is all in the machine and soil conditions HH and good luck with all your detecting... Freddy

dp4349

Jun 7, 2012
Fort Smith, AR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, WS4, 11' Standard
Coil & Whites XLT E-Series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had a whites xlt for three months. It's an awesome machine even in today's catalog of detectors. There are a couple of sites that offer recommended settings.
I.e. http://metaldetectingworld.com/whites_xlt_program_settings.shtml The best thing todo is to just learn to listen to the machine. The stock coin mode is great and offers a great place to start when modifying settings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread